Brief About Dr. Ashok Seth
Dr. Ashok Seth is one of the most respected & coveted an interventional cardiologists in India and considered among the top 10 cardiologists in India. With a thriving experience of over 32 years, he is renowned for performing over 50,000 angiograms and 20,000 angioplasties. He has been featured in the “LIMCA” Book of records for performing one of the highest numbers of angiographies and angioplasties in the world. Dr Seth is the first cardiologist in Asia Pacific region to perform an Angioscopy and directional Atherectomy. He is also counted amongst the few cardiologists in the world to perform the procedure – Percutaneous Myocardial Laser Revascularization
Awards & Honors
- Dr Seth has been honored with the prestigious National award of Padma Bhushan & Padma Shri Award by the President of India.He is the First Cardiologist from Asia to be elected on the Board of Governors of Society of Cardiac Angiographies and Intervention (USA).
- Dr Seth has successfully trained over 350 cardiologists in India and abroad .
- He has also performed demonstrations on advanced angioplasty techniques at over 400 international conferences
- He has more than 250 publications to his credit in various prestigious journals nationally & internationally.
- Dr Ashok has his articles in renowned print media like Economic Times ,Times of India .
- He also was one of the youngest overseas doctors to be awarded Fellowship of all the three Royal Colleges of London, Edinburgh & Ireland.
Also Read- Healthy Heart Tips
Also, Check out the video on Heart Bypass Surgery
- MBBS, Jawahar Lal Nehru University, Aligarh
- MD, SGPGI - Lucknow
- FRCP, Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians , London,
- MRCP, Member of the Royal College of Physicians , U.K.
- Fellowship, U.S.A.
Work Experience Of Dr. Ashok Seth
- Chief, Max Super Specialty Hospital, Gurgaon, 2007
- Senior Consultant, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi, 2004
- Padma Shri, awarded by the President of India
- Padma Bhushan award by the President of India
- Doctor of the Year Award - Escorts
- Board of Governors of Society of Cardiac Angiographies and Intervention (USA)
- “Lifetime Achievement Award” for outstanding contribution in the field of Clinical & Preventive Cardiology in the World
- Cardiology,Angioplasty techniques,Directional Atherectomy,Angioscopy,Stents,Thrombectomy devices and Drug Eluting Stents,Use of Impella heart support device failing heart,Bioabsorbable Stents ,TAVI
- AICD Implantation Treatment
- ASD (Atrial Septal Defect) Closure
- Balloon Valvuloplasty - Aortic
- Closure of defects like ASD VSD
- Congenital Heart Disorder CHD
- Coronary Angiogram
- Coronary Angioplasty
- CRT- D Implant (Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy)
- Heart Bypass Surgery (CABG)
- Heart Double Valve Replacement
- Heart Implants
- Heart Valve Replacement Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Heart Bypass (CABG)
- Mitral Valve Replacement
- Nuclear Stress Test
- PDA Device Closure
- Permanent Pacemaker Implant
- PET Scan
- PPI-Permanent Pacemaker Implant - Double Chamber
- PTMC – Percutaneous Transvenous Mitral Commissurotomy
- TAPVC Repair Arterial Switch
- VSD Closure (Adult) Surgery
Senior Consultant , MBBS, MD, DM
10 years of experience
Senior Consultant , MBBS, MD, DNB,
11 years of experience