Nipple Correction Surgery Cost in India
Nipple correction is a frequent method to correct enlarged, unequal, inverted and protruding nipples found in women and men. The variations of nipples will be the result of a muscle contraction imbalance, in which external muscle strength is poorer than inward and cannot sustain powerful pull which induces muscle retraction. Nipple inversion could be understood in both women and men either by birth or because of many different factors. This operation corrects the constricted nipples and enhances the shape of the breasts.
Causes of Inverted Nipples
- Aging and drooping breasts
- Gynecomastia in Men
- Injury to the breast Region which causes Irreversible scarring of the tissue
- In rare Instances Look of inverted nipples, all of a sudden is an Indication of breast cancer
- A history and physical document along with also a CBC blood test would be the minimal prerequisites for adult patients.
- A mammogram, a breastfeeding X-ray ought to be supplied to show the breast’s composition and level of scar tissue or to indicate the very small probability of breast cancer.
Treatment options for Inverted Nipples
Nipple inversions may be solved with a simple suction device that brings the tissue back to its normal place. But this works only when the inversion is small and as a result of the regeneration of muscles or milk ducts. In intense cases of inversion, the operation is the alternative which depends on the Reason for inversion.
Before the surgery
- Depending on the severity of retraction the surgeon may choose either a suction or surgical approach to correct the inversion.
- The patient may need to provide a complete medical history to the surgeon.
- The patient’s breasts will be examined to check for the extent of the nipple inversion.
- The patient may need to get medical clearance two weeks prior to surgery.
- Should stop smoking and refrain from taking aspirin products two weeks prior to surgery.
- The patient will be instructed not to eat or drink anything after midnight before the surgery.
During the surgery
- A small unnoticeable incision is made under the nipple which will be invisible over time.
- A very small instrument will be inserted through the incision to release the connective fibers and duct which form the inverted nipple.
- A suture will be made below the nipple to maintain its position. The procedure of inverted nipple correction with separation of milk duct will be done for those patients who don’t have to breastfeed in the future.
After the surgery
- The nipples will be sensitive and sore after the procedure which will subside in a couple of days. This can be controlled with medication.
- Most of the patients can take a shower the next day. The sutures are removed in the first consultation after the surgery which will be about 5 days post-surgery.
- The patient can return to work in 48 hours and strenuous activities should not be done for up to one month.
- After the procedure, the recovery time will take approximately two weeks.
- The skin around the nipples feels tight and also has some bruising and swelling after the treatment around the surgical area.
- There is also some level of sensitivity which lasts for a couple of weeks.
- It is crucial to avoid strenuous activities at least for a week and the patient can perform normal activities and exercise after a month.
- The swelling and bruising will subside gradually. Also, the nipples may look prominent promptly after the surgery because of the swelling which will disappear slowly.
- A scar cream will be provided which can be used after the wound has closed to improve the healing process effectively.
You May Looking for
Experience: 11 years of experience
SIMS Hospital, Chennai
Empanelled Consultant , MBBS, MS, MCh
Experience: 12 years of experience
Fortis Memorial Research Institute