Breast Cancer Treatment in Hyderabad
Breast cancer refers to the particular type of cancer that arises from the breast tissue and affects the mammary glands as well as other nearby muscles. The development of lumps, thickening of the skin around the nipples, pain, skin irritability, dimpling of the breast, and occasionally bleeding or pus discharge are early signs of breast cancer. A number of options are available for breast cancer treatment in Hyderabad, including surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, hormone therapy, immunotherapy, and targeted drug therapy. The location and size of the tumor, the study results of your lab tests, and whether cancer has spread to other parts of your body all play a major role in determining the best course of the treatment plan.
What is Breast Cancer?
Your breast tissue is where breast cancer begins. When breast cells mutate (change) and proliferate out of control, a mass of tissue(tumor) is formed. Breast cancer has the ability to spread and grow into the tissue surrounding your breast, just like other cancers do. It may also spread to other regions of your body and develop into new tumors. This condition is known as metastasis.
The second most common cancer in women after skin cancer is breast cancer. Although it can happen at any age, breast cancer is most commonly detected in adults over the age of 50.
There are several different types of breast cancer, including:
- Infiltrating (invasive) ductal carcinoma
- Ductal carcinoma in situ
- Infiltrating (invasive) lobular carcinoma
- Lobular carcinoma in situ
- Triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC)
- Inflammatory breast cancer
- Paget’s disease of the breast
In most cases, when we refer to “breast cancer,” we mean cancers that develop in milk ducts or lobules. Other breast regions are also susceptible to developing cancer, though less frequently. These may consist of:
- Angiosarcoma: This uncommon form of cancer starts in the cells that line blood vessels or lymphatic vessels.
- Phyllodes tumors: which begin in the connective tissue, are uncommon. They are typically benign (noncancerous), but occasionally they can be malignant (cancerous).
Breast Cancer Treatment Cost in Hyderabad
The average cost of breast cancer treatment in Hyderabad starts from INR 1,80,500.
How Breast Cancer Treatment in Hyderabad is Done?
Mammography and biopsy are the most frequently used procedures to diagnose breast cancer. Self-examination should always be done as a preventive measure to look for any lumps or hardness in the armpit or breast area. Based on the type of breast cancer you have, its stage and grade, size, and whether the cancer cells are hormone-sensitive, the best doctor for breast cancer treatment in Hyderabad will decide on the best course of treatment for you. Your overall health and personal preferences are also taken into account by your doctor. The different procedure involved to treat breast cancer includes :
- Surgery: To remove tumors from the body, oncologists use one of the following types of surgery:
- Mastectomy: This procedure removes the entire breast with a tumor, and spares the skin.
- Lumpectomy/Breast Conservation Surgery: The removal of a lump around the breast with a 1 cm axillary lymph clearance.
- Breast Reconstruction Surgery: Following cancer-related treatments, reconstructive surgery helps to correct deformities and return to normal function. It seeks to achieve the best results for treatment-related damage repair. It occurs simultaneously with or following mastectomy or lumpectomy.
- Radiation Therapy: High-energy waves are used to kill cancer cells. For the treatment of breast cancer, advanced radiation therapy includes Single Dose Intra-operative Radiation Therapy (IORT) and 3DConformal Partial Breast Irradiation (CPBI)
- Chemotherapy: The use of powerful drugs to kill cancer cells.
- Hormone Therapy: Utilizing hormonal medications, such as estrogens, to stop hormones from promoting the growth of breast cancer cells.
- Targeted therapy: In this type of therapy cancer-specific genes, proteins, or the tissue environment that support the growth and survival of the disease are the targets.
- Immunotherapy: This treatment uses drugs to activate the body’s defense mechanisms or immune system to eliminate cancer.
Along with surgery or radiation, a patient may also receive chemotherapy, hormone therapy, or targeted therapy. During other forms of treatment, this strategy aids in the elimination of cancer cells that were left behind.
Several factors that could influence the cost of breast cancer treatment in Hyderabad include:
- Surgeon Fee
- Admission Fee
- Age of the Patient
- The type of breast cancer surgery that will be carried out
- Overall Health of the Patient
- Postoperative challenges that are involved
- The Type of Admission Room Patient Opted
- Any Additional Laboratory or Examination Tests, including an X-ray, an ECG, etc.
What is the Success Rate of Breast Cancer Treatment in Hyderabad?
If breast cancer is detected early, the success rate of breast cancer treatment in Hyderabad is 90%. which indicates that 85% of patients have a 5-year survival rate after treatment. Malignant cancer, which affects more women than men, is more prevalent in this type of cancer.
The survival rates are only estimates, so keep that in mind. They are unable to estimate your life expectancy or predict how well your treatment will work. Speak to your healthcare provider if you have specific questions about breast cancer survival rates.
The Best Hospitals for Breast Cancer Treatment in Hyderabad are the Following:
- Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad
- Apollo Hospitals, Jubilee Hills Hyderabad
- KIMS Hospital, Hyderabad
- Global Hospital, Hyderabad
How can Medsurge India Help?
Medsurge India is a prestigious support system for patients looking for doctors, hospitals, and specialized treatments. We’ll find the most suitable medical options for you. Regarding your medical issues, our team will give you a list of certified, reputable, and trusted doctors and hospitals. Additionally, we offer a treatment strategy that fits your budget. Apart, we assist patients with obtaining travel authorizations, medical visas, and a multitude of other things.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long is the hospital stay following breast cancer surgery?
A: In general, women who have a mastectomy stay in the hospital for one or two nights before returning home.
Q: How long does it take to recover from breast cancer?
A: Breast cancer surgery recovery time, Lumpectomy: Most people can resume normal activities within 5-10 days. Mastectomy: 3-4 weeks after surgery, patients may feel like themselves again. Mastectomy with reconstruction has the longest recovery time, lasting up to 6-8 weeks.
Q: Are you cancer free after surgery?
A: All signs and symptoms of cancer have vanished into a complete remission. Some doctors may declare you cured if you have been in complete remission for 5 years or more. Even after treatment, some cancer cells can remain in your body for many years. These cells may one day cause cancer to recur.
Q: What is the latest treatment for breast cancer?
A: Trastuzumab (Herceptin) and pertuzumab (Perjeta) can both be used in combination with chemotherapy to treat HER2-positive breast cancer in both early and advanced stages. Trastuzumab is also approved to prevent relapse in patients with HER2-positive early-stage breast cancer.
Q: Do all breast cancers require chemotherapy?
A: Chemotherapy is not necessary for all women with breast cancer, but it may be recommended in certain circumstances.
99/9 Ramkhamhaeng Rd, Khwaeng Saphan Sung, Khet Saphan Sung, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10240 Thailand.
Established in : 1996
Number of Beds : 150
9/1, Convent Road Silom, Bangrak Bangkok 10500 Thailand
Established in : 1898
Number of Beds :
34/1 Issaraphap Rd. Banchanglor, Bangkok 10700 , Thailand
Established in : 1977
Number of Beds : 435
Senior Consultant , Diploma, MRCP, MD, MBBS
17 years of experience