Dostarlimab Cost in India
Dostarlimab-gxly injection in India is used to treat endometrial cancer (cancer of the uterine or womb lining) in patients whose cancer has returned, spread, or cannot be removed surgically. It is also used to treat a specific type of solid tumor that has spread to other parts of the body in adults who have previously failed to respond to another chemotherapy medication and have no other treatment options.
India is one of the nations with the lowest prices for Dostarlimab Injection when compared to other developed nations. The doctor’s expertise and the cutting-edge medical technology employed in Indian hospitals may both play a role in the success. In addition to these advantages, one of the main reasons for India’s widespread popularity is its affordable pricing, which does not compromise clinical standards.
What Exactly Is Medication?
DOSTARLIMAB is a monoclonal antibody (dos tar li mab). It is used to treat endometrial cancer and other cancers. This medication is administered through a vein. It is prescribed by a qualified doctor in a hospital or clinic setting. Dostarlimab-gxly injection is also used to treat a specific type of solid tumor that has spread to other parts of the body in adults who have previously failed to respond to another chemotherapy medication and have no other treatment options. It works by inhibiting the activity of a specific protein in cancer cells. This aids the person’s immune system in fighting cancer cells and slows tumour growth. Dostarlimab-gxly has been approved through the FDA’s Accelerated Approval Program. As a condition of approval, confirmatory trial(s) must show that it provides a clinical benefit in these patients. Dostarlimab-gxly is also being studied in the treatment of other types of cancer
Dostarlimab Cost in India
Affordable Dostarlimab Cost in India starts from INR 9,99,000 (12,000 USD). In India, compared to other countries, the Cost of Dostarlimab Injection is incredibly low. Furthermore, the quality of the medical services and treatment provided there is on par with that of the best hospitals in the world. Even when hotel, food, and transportation costs are taken into consideration.
How Should This Medication Be Given?
- Dostarlimab-gxly injection is a solution (liquid) that a doctor or nurse will inject intravenously (into a vein) over 30 minutes in a medical facility or infusion center. It is usually given once every three weeks for four cycles, and then once every six weeks for as long as your doctor recommends.
- During an infusion, dostarlimab-gxly injection may cause serious or life-threatening reactions. A doctor or nurse will closely monitor you during the infusion to ensure that you are not having a serious reaction to the medication. If you experience any of the following symptoms during the infusion, contact your doctor or nurse right away:
- Shortness of breath
- Back or neck pain,or
- Feeling faint
Depending on your response to the medication and any side effects, your doctor may slow down your infusion, stop your dostarlimab-gxly injection treatment permanently or temporarily, or treat you with additional medications. Talk to your doctor about how you are feeling during your treatment.
When you begin treatment with dostarlimab-gxly injection and each time you refill your prescription, your doctor or pharmacist will give you the manufacturer’s patient information sheet (Medication Guide). If you have any questions, read the information carefully and consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Dostarlimab Cost in India
In India, compared to other countries, the Cost of Dostarlimab Injection is incredibly low. Furthermore, the quality of the medical services and treatment provided there is on par with that of the best hospitals in the world. Even after accounting for travel, lodging, and food expenses, the average Cost of Dostarlimab Injection starts from USD 12000.
In India, the total Cost of Dostarlimab Injection might vary depending on a variety of factors, including:
- Depending on the hospital’s preferences, the cost of treatment packages may vary.
- The doctor’s knowledge and expertise in the area.
- The situation with the patient: The illness of the patient and whether other modalities are necessary for effective treatment.
- Hospitalization and travel time in the nation.
- Post-operative care is required.
- Categorization of a hospital room.
- This is the fundamental reason why thousands of patients go from all over the world to India for medical treatment.
What Precautions Should a Person Take Prior to Receiving Dostarlimab?
- If you are allergic to dostarlimab-gxly, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in dostarlimab-gxly injection, tell your doctor and pharmacist. For a list of the ingredients, consult your pharmacist or the Medication Guide.
- Inform your doctor and pharmacist about any other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are currently taking or intend to take. Your doctor may need to adjust the doses of your medications or closely monitor you for side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had radiation therapy to your chest area; an autoimmune disease such as Crohn’s disease (condition in which the immune system attacks the lining of the digestive tract causing pain, diarrhea, weight loss, and fever), ulcerative colitis (condition that causes swelling and sores in the lining of the colon [large intestine] and rectum), or lupus (condition in which the immune system attacks the lining of the colon [large intestine] and (a disorder of the nervous system that causes muscle weakness) or Guillain-Barré syndrome (weakness, tingling, and possibly paralysis as a result of sudden nerve damage); any type of lung disease or breathing problems; thyroid problems; or liver disease.
- If you are pregnant or intend to become pregnant, inform your doctor. You must first take a pregnancy test before receiving dostarlimab-gxly. You should avoid becoming pregnant while receiving dostarlimab-gxly injections and for at least 4 months after your last dose. Call your doctor right away if you become pregnant while receiving dostarlimab-gxly injection. The injection of dostarlimab-gxly may be harmful to the fetus.
- Inform your doctor if you are or plan to breastfeed. Breastfeeding should be avoided while receiving dostarlimab-gxly injections and for 4 months after the last dose.
What Are the Potential Side Effects of This Medication?
Dostarlimab-gxly may have unwanted side effects. Inform your doctor if any of the following symptoms are severe or persistent:
- Joint or muscle pain
Some of the side effects can be severe. If you experience any of the following symptoms, contact your doctor immediately or seek emergency medical attention:
- Change in weight gain or loss
- Hair Loss
- Vision Changes
- Increased urination
- Fast heartbeat
- Pale skin or change of urine color
- Hallusination, high fever, memory problems, or seizures
How Can Medsurge India Help?
Medsurge India is a prestigious support system for patients looking for doctors, hospitals, and specialized treatments. We’ll find the most suitable medical options for you. Regarding your medical issues, our team will give you a list of certified, reputable, and trusted doctors and hospitals. Additionally, we offer a treatment strategy that fits your budget. Apart, we assist patients with obtaining travel authorizations, medical visas, and a multitude of other things.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How Many Dostarlimab Doses Are Required?
A: The recommended monotherapy dose is 500 mg dostarlimab every 3 weeks for four cycles, followed by 1000 mg every 6 weeks for all subsequent cycles.
Q: Is Dostarlimab Effective Against All Cancers?
A: Dostarlimab is currently only approved by the FDA to treat mismatch repair deficient (dMMR) recurrent or advanced endometrial cancer and dMMR solid tumors.
Q: Dostarlimab Treats What Types of Cancer?
A: Dostarlimab, an anti-programmed cell death protein (PD-1) monoclonal antibody, has mesmerised the medical profession by showing complete (100%) cure of patients with colorectal cancer in an era of rapid development.
Q: Can Dostarlimab Be Used to Treat Lymphoma?
A: According to experts, the cancer cannot be detected through physical examination, endoscopy, positron emission tomography (PET) scans, or MRI scans. This demonstrates Dostarlimab’s potential as a “possible” cancer cure for one of the most lethal tumors.
Q: What Is the Mechanism of Action of Dostarlimab?
A: Dostarlimab inhibits the PD-1 pathway, which may aid your immune system in identifying and capturing tumour cells. Giving niraparib with dostarlimab may be more effective against the tumour and maximise tumour shrinkage before surgery.
You May Looking for
Senior Consultant , Fellowship, DNB, Fellowship, MS, MBBS
Experience: 17 years of experience
Millennium Cancer Center, Gurgaon
Professor , Graduation, Post Graduation, MD
Experience: 23 years of experience
Acibadem Hospitals Group
Istanbul , Turkey