PET Scan Cost in India
PET scans are used to research a number of conditions:
- Beneficial in detecting cancer, Heart issues, and brain disorder.
- Epilepsy- it may show which part of their mind the epilepsy is impacting, this might help physicians decide on the most acceptable therapy.
- Additionally helps diagnose recurrence of cancer following therapy.
- Heart disorder: A PET scan may help discover which regions of the heart are ruined.
PET Scan Cost in India
( Indian Rupees 32,400 )
- You’ll be supplied with comprehensive directions for how to get ready for your own PET scan.
- Inform your physician about any medications or supplements you’re taking.
- Ordinarily, you shouldn’t eat some food for 4 to 6 hours prior to the scan, however, advised drinking loads of water.
- You’ll have to eliminate all your body and jewelry piercings since metal can interfere with the testing gear.
- A little bit of radiotracer is going to be injected into a vein.
- It can also take from half an hour or more for the radiotracer to attain the targeted portion of their human body as it depends on the body part which is involved.
- You’ll be asked to unwind, avoiding talking and movement.
- You might be asked to drink any comparison material
- then you’ll be moved to the PET/CT scanner along with the imaging begins
- You’ll have to stay still during imaging.
- A radiologist will assess the pictures, and report the findings to a physician.
- Advised to take lots of liquid to flush out the radioactive drugs from the system faster.
- You’ll be permitted to go home.
Complications of PET Scan
The advantages in diagnosing acute health ailments:
- Allergic reactions although infrequent may happen but are usually moderate.
- Injection of this radiotracer might cause small redness and pain that resolves quickly.
- Women should always notify if they’re pregnant, suspect pregnancy or even if they’re breastfeeding.
Factors Affecting Price of PET scan
The price to the individual Is Dependent upon Various variables such as
- The Hospital, the individual chooses.
- Fee For the group of physicians, Radiologists
- Standard Tests processes.
- Therapy Of complications when any
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What’s the principle behind the functioning of the PET scan?
A: The cells based will appear as “hot spots” or even “cold spots”
- Active regions called “hot spots”, where cells require less energy, which is less glowing regions, are called “cold spots.”
- No PET Scan Isn’t painful, You Might feel a chilly Feeling moving your arm up when a radioactive substance injected
Q: What’s the complete process time for a PET scan?
A: The whole testing process typically takes about two hours. Most patients can go home once the scan is finished.
Q: What’s the length of the scan?
A: Complete scan time is about half an hour.
Q: What’s FDG tracer?
A: FDG fluorodeoxyglucose is a widely used radiotracer.
Q: What abnormal PET scan outcome convey?
A: Abnormal results may indicate:
- Change in the size, shape, or position of an organ
- Problem with organ function
Q: What is the difference between an MRI / PET scan?
A: While an MRI or CT scan acknowledges how a part of the body appears, a PET scan may tell how it’s working.
Q: What are the welfare of a combined PET/CT Scan?
A: Combined PET/CT aid in accurate identification, supplying the precise place of abnormal metabolic activity in the body. It’s of greater advantage to the individual who experiences two examinations at once.
Q: In PET scan exactly what can you mean by cold and hot spots?
A: “hot spots,” signal where large numbers of the Radiotracer have gathered and where there’s a high amount of metabolic or chemical action e.g in cancers less extreme locations, or “cold spots,” indicate a lesser concentration of radiotracer and less chemical action multiplying in Alzheimer’s
Q: Is PET scanning radiation insecure?
A: NO, the radiation hazard is quite low, because the doses of Radiotracer administered are modest, resulting in comparatively low radiation exposure to the individual, suitable for diagnostic tests. Hazards of this test are minimal when compared with the advantages in diagnosing acute health ailments.
Q: Do I have to be hospitalized for PET Scan?
A: Hrs after that you’ll be able to return home unless some complications.
Çamlık, Selçuklu Cd. No:22 Pendik İstanbul 34912 Turkey
Established in : 2012
Number of Beds : 254
Otakçılar Cd. No:78 Flat Ofis Aqua Court E Blok 3. Kat Eyüp Eyüp İstanbul 34050 Turkey
Established in : 1993
Number of Beds : 5600
North Urban Center Tunis 1082 Tunisia
Established in : 2015
Number of Beds : 100
Senior Consultant , MBBS, MD, DNB,
11 years of experience
Consultant , MCh, MD, MBBS
9 years of experience Chennai , India
Consultant , MBBS, MS, MCh
27 years of experience
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates