Shoulder Replacement Surgery Cost in India
- The estimated cost of Shoulder Replacement Surgery in India is between USD 7200 to USD 8100.
- The hospital stay would be for 5 days and 8 days beyond the hospital.
- Shoulder Replacement Surgery has a success rate of over 95%.
- Tests Necessary to find out the condition of the bone are X-Rays, MRI Scan and Blood Tests (sometimes ).
More about Shoulder Replacement
The shoulder joint is a ball and socket type of joint. Shoulder replacement surgery in India involves replacing the broken ends of the upper arm bone (humerus) and also normally the shoulder bone (scapula) and shielding them with synthetic surfaces. It’s a successful process for relieving joint pain although much less common as hip or knee replacement. Total shoulder replacement, requires open surgery, using an incision across the front part of the shoulder and upper arm. In some other scenarios, a minimally invasive shoulder arthroscopy process is often advocated and is one of the most frequent and frequently proposed shoulder processes.
Indications of Shoulder Replacement
- Severe shoulder pain which interferes with everyday activities.
- Moderate to severe pain while napping.
- reduction of movement and/or fatigue at the shoulder.
- No marked improvement together with different remedies like anti-inflammatory medicines, cortisone injections, or physical treatment.
Causes of Shoulder Replacement
- Osteoarthritis-Age-related “wear and tear” Kind of arthritis. It typically happens in people 50 decades old and old, the cartilage that covers the ends of these bones wears away, it could lead to bone rubbing on bone and creating debilitating bone spurs.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis the connective tissue becomes inflamed and thickened, resulting in damage to the cartilage and eventually triggering bone loss, pain, and stiffness.
- Post-traumatic Arthritis- after a severe shoulder injury
- Rotator Cuff Tear Arthropathy
- Avascular Necrosis – happens when the blood supply to the bone is interrupted
- Severe Fractures- A serious fracture of the shoulder is another frequent reason individuals have shoulder replacements.
- Failed Previous Shoulder Replacement Surgery
Symptoms of Shoulder Replacement
- Shoulder Pain
- Loss of motion
Diagnosis & Tests required for Shoulder Replacement
- Presenting symptoms by a patient
- Physical Evaluation to assess shoulder Movement, Equilibrium, and Intensity.
- X-rays imaging aid to ascertain the level of damage on your shoulder.
- A magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan or a bone scan may be required to find out the state of the bone and soft tissues of the own shoulder.
- Blood evaluations.
Types of Shoulder Replacement
- Total Shoulder Replacement: The most standard total shoulder replacement involves replacing the arthritic joint surfaces using a metal ball attached to a stem, and a plastic socket.
- Partial shoulder replacement: The only ball becomes replaced.
- Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement: At reverse total shoulder replacement, the socket and metallic ball are changed. Useful in cases of torn rotator cuffs with acute arm fatigue, a Former shoulder replacement which collapsed.
Recommended Video – Hip Replacement Surgery In India- Nigerian Patient Testimonial
Shoulder Replacement Surgery Cost in India
(Indian Rupees 5,04,000)
- The orthopedic surgeon will assess and explore the advantages and disadvantages of shoulder joint replacement.
- Total medical examination before operation.
- Blood evaluation to test for ordinary parameters.
- Some medicines might have to be stopped prior to surgery. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines, such as ibuprofen, aspirin, and blood thinners.
The majority of the processes are done through shoulder arthroscopy. However, acute cases are handled by partial or total shoulder replacement operation. Retrieval time for shoulder operation normally ranges between 6 and 12 weeks.
- The method to replace your shoulder joint with an artificial device generally takes about 2 -3 hours.
- It’s performed under General Anaesthesia.
- The surgeon replaces part or most shoulder joint
- An incision is made on the front shoulder, the surgeon sees the cartilage
- Damaged upper arm bone (humerus) is eliminated and ready for augmentation
- Bone socket vulnerable and damaged cartilage removed, the hole left for the augmentation
- The surgeon inserts the implant socket, ball, and stem parts and Closes the incision
- A bandage is employed as a temporary covering
- Antibiotics to prevent infection
- Painkillers prescribed to fight pain
- There might be principles running together with your own wound. The principles will be removed a few weeks after the operation.
- You’ll require the sling to support and safeguard your shoulder for the first two to four weeks after the operation.
- Avoid soaking the wound in warm water
- Physical treatment starts on the first postoperative day after x-rays documenting the implant is correctly positioned.
- Rehabilitation-Proper and all-inclusive postoperative rehabilitation are significant to the achievement of a shoulder replacement.
Complications of Shoulder Replacement Surgery
As with any surgery, there’s a risk of complications. They include:
- Loosening of those replacement components
- Fracture of this bone during or after the operation
- Poor healing of this wound
- Wound hematoma
- Damage to neighboring nerves
Medsurge India offers the best Shoulder Replacement Surgery Cost in India at an affordable price for international patients coming to India under the supervision of the most trained doctors.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What’s the anatomy of the Shoulder Joint?
A: The shoulder joint is made up of three bones: the upper arm bone (humerus), shoulder blade (scapula), and the collarbone (clavicle). The shoulder is a ball-and-socket joint: The ball, or mind, of the upper arm bone, then fits right into a shallow socket in your shoulder blade.
Q: What occurs in knee replacement operation?
A: In shoulder replacement surgery, the broken areas of the shoulder have been eliminated and replaced with synthetic parts, called a prosthesis.
Q: What’s the outlook for shoulder replacement?
A: After one year, 95 percent of TSA patients like pain-free function. The pre-surgical status of the shoulder joints and muscles play a huge part in the individual’s outcome. If their tendons and muscles are in great shape, rehabilitation will be simpler and rapid.
Q: When can I resume work after shoulder replacement surgery?
A: Could usually return to workplace work in 2-4 weeks from the time of operation but that thicker work is limited for four weeks or longer, depends on the strength, advancement of their shoulder.
Q: When do I need a shoulder replacement?
A: You might require a joint replacement in case your pain can not be diminished with treatments such as medication, injections, and physiotherapy; and it is impacting your well-being.
Q: What are the advantages of Shoulder Replacement Surgery?
A: Shoulder replacement may result in reduced joint pain, improved range of motion, and a greater quality of life. It can be a few months before you become aware of the full advantages of the operation.
Q: What are the disadvantages of a substituted joint?
A: They are:
- A replacement combined may not be as great as a normally-functioning all-natural joint.
- The selection of movement will probably be less than using a healthier all-natural joint. Some movements, like reaching over your head, might not be potential.
- Replacement joints may also wear out after a moment.
Road No 72, Opp. Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan School Hyderabad 500033 India
Established in : 1988
Number of Beds : 380
Beşyol, Florya, Akasya Sk. No:4 D:1 Küçükçekmece 34295 Turkey
Established in : 2017
Number of Beds : 320
Building 1, 4th floor, The Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital Bangkok 10400 Thailand
Established in : 1969
Number of Beds : 1060
A Block, Shaheed Udham Singh Marg, Poorbi Shalimar Bag, Shalimar Bagh New Delhi Delhi 110088 India
Established in : 2010
Number of Beds : 300
Multi Super Speciality
Senior Consultant , Fellowship, MCh, MS, MBBS
24 years of experience Mumbai , India