Cerebral Angioplasty Cost in India
- Cerebral angioplasty is a minimally invasive procedure to start a carotid artery that’s narrowed or blocked.
- Carotid arteries are the blood vessels that bring blood into the brain and throat. They’re located on both sides of the throat. The carotid could be partly or completely blocked with a fatty substance called plaque. A plaque is a substance made from cholesterol, cholesterol, calcium, protein, and, cellular waste.
- A blockage can lessen the source of blood from the brain. Some areas of the artery plaque may break off and make other congestion. A partial blockage is known as Carotid artery stenosis (narrowing). If the mind doesn’t get enough blood source, a stroke may happen.
Symptoms of a Blocked Carotid Artery
Patients Encounter Stroke or Mini-stroke/ Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA) with symptoms like:
- Sudden severe headache
- Sudden weakness of the limbs or face generally on either side
- Dizziness or loss of balance
- The trouble with eyesight in both eyes
- Trouble talking or understanding
Types of Procedure
- Endarterectomy: A Operation to remove plaque from the inside of the artery of the neck.
- Carotid angioplasty with stent placement (CAS): A operation between inserting and inflating a small balloon to open the artery and putting a little metallic stent (wire mesh) to keep an open artery to prevent additional blockage.
Indications for Endarterectomy
Endarterectomy is a more traditional Process but Effective and Safe to Deal with Obstructed or narrowed arteries for Problems below:
- Once the congestion is 50 — 79 percent in the carotid artery and experiencing symptoms like stroke, mini-stroke, or Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- A serious (80 percent) blockage without any indicators.
Indications for CAS Procedure
CAS is a Fantastic alternative and Might be Preferred Because of These reasons:
- Once the Individual is too sick to have carotid Endarterectomy
- When the operation is harder to do because of the positioning of this narrowing artery
- Once the individual has had throat or Carotid surgery before
- Once the individual has had radiation at the throat.
Diagnosis and Tests
- Physical Evaluation
- Carotid ultrasound
- Carotid angiography
- Blood tests
Cerebral Angioplasty Cost in India
( Indian Rupees approx. 3,16,000 )
- Physical Evaluation of affected Regions
- Diagnostic tests will be performed
- Your Physician reviews your Outcomes and Clinical history
- Any current medications or allergies should be noted
- You Might Be asked to discontinue some Medicines like diabetic Drugs or blood thinners before Operation
- Take approved medications with small sips of water
- You’ll Be asked to Quickly 8 – 12 hours before the operation
- You’ll also need to stop smoking
- If You’re having a carotid operation with a stent, your groin area will be shaved and ready for surgery
- You will receive General or Local anesthesia at the Throat or groin Based upon the Operation
- The Operation will last about 1- 2 hours depending on the type of Congestion
- For Endarterectomy, the surgeon makes an incision in the front of your neck
- The plaque is removed from the artery
- The Embryo is then fixed by natural graft, where a piece of the vein in the body is removed or a woven patch consists of
- For Carotid Operation with a stent, small electrodes are placed on your chest to monitor your heart rate and rhythm Through the Operation
- After a Tiny incision is made in the groin Region, a tiny catheter is inserted Around the Throat in Which the Congestion is under the Advice of an X-Ray
- During the catheter, a contrast material is Injected Directly into the carotid artery to View Pictures of the Obstructed Cells and the blood circulation into the brain
- A filter is put outside the narrowing to catch any debris which may break away while doing the process
- A balloon tip will Be inserted into the narrowing and inflated to push the plaque into the Walls of the artery and Also Start the passage
- A tiny metal tubing called a stent is inserted into the artery to prevent additional congestion
- The filter, catheter and, balloon is eliminated
- The incision doesn’t require any stitches, but the pressure is used to prevent bleeding, and also a dressing is performed on the site.
- You might need to lie down after the operation to prevent some bleeding
- You may stay overnight in the hospital but changes depending on your physical health
- You May experience soreness around your neck below Endarterectomy Operation
- Under CAS, the surgical site can be swollen or bruised for a Couple of Days, but this Can Be normal
- An ultrasound of the carotid artery Can be taken Annually to examine the plaque Isn’t accumulated again
- Medicines will be given to alleviate any pain
- You Might Need to avoid strenuous activities for at least 24 hours after Operation
- Lifestyle changes such as diet and exercise could be required
- Follow up will be scheduled.
Risks and Complications
Though surgery is safe, it is not without complications however, this is minimal.
- Nerve damage affecting voice box, tongue, or back
- Heart attack
- Allergic reaction to the dye
- Blood clots
- Brain damage
- In-stent restenosis
- Kidney failure
- More blockage in the carotid artery over time
Factors affecting the cost of Cerebral Angioplasty
The factors described below affect the cost price:
- Choice of hospital
- Location of the hospital
- Surgeon’s fee
- Cost of blood and diagnostic tests
- Type of treatment and surgery
- Medicinal costs
- Duration of stay
- Cost of post-surgery care
Medsurge India offers the best Cerebral Angioplasty Cost in India at an affordable price for international patients coming to India under the supervision of the most trained doctors.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How will I benefit from this surgery?
A: The operation will open the plaque at the carotid artery which blocks the blood flow to your brain. This will help save you from getting a stroke.
Q: What happens if the plaque is left untreated?
A: Untreated plaque at the throat can lead to a stroke or mini-stroke (TIA).
Q: What type of surgery will be suitable for me?
A: This will rely on the complications within your own body and your health care provider will determine which is most acceptable for you.
Q: What is a plaque?
A: It’s a fatty material made from cholesterol, calcium, cholesterol, mobile waste, and also a protein that blocks the artery.
Q: Is having a stent in my artery safe?
A: Yes, a stent is made from metal wires. This will prevent the artery from narrowing it.
Q: What if scar tissue forms inside the stent?
A: If it occurs, a radiation treatment named Brachytherapy can be used to clean the scarred region and start the boat.
Q: How will I know if plaque recurs in my artery?
A: You’ll have to get a yearly carotid ultrasound performed to assess whether there’s a recurrence of plaque.
Q: Is the surgery painful?
A: You’ll be given general or local anesthesia so you won’t feel any pain. But you might experience some discomfort in the surgical field that’s normal. Medications can be given following surgery to relieve any pain.
Q: How will I prevent carotid artery disease?
A: This may be achieved by including a wholesome diet, lots of exercises or physical action, stop smoking and, losing weight if, fat. Your physician can also prescribe medications to control any risk variables.
Q: Is a long-haul flight recommended after surgery?
A: In case you had significant complications and operation, you need to wait a minimum of two weeks following the operation but if you’re worked with no former complication and therefore are stable, you could have the ability to fly over a week. This, clearly, ought to be in consultation with your health care provider. Also, familiarize yourself with all the airline’s security rules before traveling.
Q: Do I need to carry a yellow fever vaccination certificate when I travel to India?
A: Yes, If you’re traveling from Africa, South America, or other areas where yellow fever is located. Click here to confirm the list of states. Both adults and children will need to take the certification.
Q: Do I need Oral Polio Vaccination Certificate?
A: Yes, All travelers from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Kenya, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Somalia, and Israel should carry a Cosmetic Polio Vaccination (OPV) Certification which must be taken not earlier than 6 months prior to entrance. This principle applies to both adults and kids.
Q: Can I get a visa on arrival if I travel to India for my treatment?
A: Yes, If You’re from Japan, Cambodia, Finland, Indonesia, Philippines, Luxembourg, Myanmar, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea as well as Vietnam. Travelers from Bhutan, Nepal, and the Maldives can enter India without a visa i.e. up to 90 days.
Q: What are the eligibility requirements for a medical visa to India?
A: In case you’ve got a valid passport and visa and are looking for medical treatment at a reputed and recognized hospital in India, then it is possible to make an application for a medical visa to India. In accordance with 2 attendants that are blood, relatives may accompany the individual under different attendant visas.
Q: Are the hospitals in your panel internationally accredited?
A: The Joint Commission International (JCI), that will be a maid service, awards certification to international associations that satisfy the strict criteria set forth by the commission. In Vaidam, we’re pleased to associate with many JCI licensed Indian colleges on our board.
1 Ladprao Road 111, Klong-Chan Bangkapi, Bangkok 10240
Established in : 1994
Number of Beds : 250
875, Haeun-daero, Haeundae-gu, Busan, 48108, Rep. of Korea Busan Busan 48108 South Korea
Established in : 2007
Number of Beds : 1004
Muroor Rd, Zone 1E3-02 Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates United Arab Emirates
Established in : 2007
Number of Beds : 1100
Merkez, Kaptanpaşa Mahallesi Okmeydanı Kavşağı, Darülaceze Cd. No:14, Okmeydanı Sisli İstanbul 34384 Turkey
Established in : 1997
Number of Beds : 199
Associate Consultant DNB, MS, MBBS
15 years of experience
Head of Department , MBBS, MS, MCh
20 years of experience
Senior Consultant , MBBS, MS, MS
16 years of experience