Breast Cancer Treatment in Delhi
Breast cancer refers to the particular type of cancer that arises from the breast tissue and affects the mammary glands as well as other nearby muscles. The development of lumps, thickening of the skin around the nipples, pain, skin irritability, dimpling of the breast, and occasionally bleeding or pus discharge are early signs of breast cancer. A number of options are available for breast cancer treatment in Delhi, including surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, hormone therapy, immunotherapy, and targeted drug therapy. The location and size of the tumor, the study results of your lab tests, and whether cancer has spread to other parts of your body all play a major role in determining the best course of the treatment plan.
What is Breast Cancer?
Your breast tissue is where breast cancer begins. When breast cells mutate (change) and proliferate out of control, a mass of tissue(tumor) is formed. Breast cancer has the ability to spread and grow into the tissue surrounding your breast, just like other cancers do. It may also spread to other regions of your body and develop into new tumors. This condition is known as metastasis.
The second most common cancer in women after skin cancer is breast cancer. Although it can happen at any age, breast cancer is most commonly detected in adults over the age of 50.
There are several different types of breast cancer, including:
- Infiltrating (invasive) ductal carcinoma
- Ductal carcinoma in situ
- Infiltrating (invasive) lobular carcinoma
- Lobular carcinoma in situ
- Triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC)
- Inflammatory breast cancer
- Paget’s disease of the breast
In most cases, when we refer to “breast cancer,” we mean cancers that develop in milk ducts or lobules. Other breast regions are also susceptible to developing cancer, though less frequently. These may consist of:
- Angiosarcoma: This uncommon form of cancer starts in the cells that line blood vessels or lymphatic vessels.
- Phyllodes tumors: which begin in the connective tissue, are uncommon. They are typically benign (noncancerous), but occasionally they can be malignant (cancerous).
Breast Cancer Treatment Cost in Delhi
The average cost of breast cancer treatment in New Delhi starts from INR 1,44,300.
How Breast Cancer Treatment in Delhi is Done?
Mammography and biopsy are the most frequently used procedures to diagnose breast cancer. Self-examination should always be done as a preventive measure to look for any lumps or hardness in the armpit or breast area. Based on the type of breast cancer you have, its stage and grade, size, and whether the cancer cells are hormone-sensitive, the best doctor for breast cancer treatment in New Delhi will decide on the best course of treatment for you. Your overall health and personal preferences are also taken into account by your doctor. The different procedure involved to treat breast cancer includes :
- Surgery: To remove tumors from the body, oncologists use one of the following types of surgery:
- Mastectomy: This procedure removes the entire breast with a tumor, and spares the skin.
- Lumpectomy/Breast Conservation Surgery: The removal of a lump around the breast with a 1 cm axillary lymph clearance.
- Breast Reconstruction Surgery: Following cancer-related treatments, reconstructive surgery helps to correct deformities and return to normal function. It seeks to achieve the best results for treatment-related damage repair. It occurs simultaneously with or following mastectomy or lumpectomy.
- Radiation Therapy: High-energy waves are used to kill cancer cells. For the treatment of breast cancer, advanced radiation therapy includes Single Dose Intra-operative Radiation Therapy (IORT) and 3DConformal Partial Breast Irradiation (CPBI)
- Chemotherapy: The use of powerful drugs to kill cancer cells.
- Hormone Therapy: Utilizing hormonal medications, such as estrogens, to stop hormones from promoting the growth of breast cancer cells.
- Targeted therapy: In this type of therapy cancer-specific genes, proteins, or the tissue environment that support the growth and survival of the disease are the targets.
- Immunotherapy: This treatment uses drugs to activate the body’s defense mechanisms or immune system to eliminate cancer.
Along with surgery or radiation, a patient may also receive chemotherapy, hormone therapy, or targeted therapy. During other forms of treatment, this strategy aids in the elimination of cancer cells that were left behind.
Several factors that could influence the cost of breast cancer treatment in New Delhi include:
- Surgeon Fee
- Admission Fee
- Age of the Patient
- The type of breast cancer surgery that will be carried out
- Overall Health of the Patient
- Postoperative challenges that are involved
- The Type of Admission Room Patient Opted
- Any Additional Laboratory or Examination Tests, including an X-ray, an ECG, etc.
What is the Success Rate of Breast Cancer Treatment in Delhi?
If breast cancer is detected early, the success rate of breast cancer treatment in Delhi is 90%. which indicates that 90% of patients have a 5-year survival rate after treatment. Malignant cancer, which affects more women than men, is more prevalent in this type of cancer.
The survival rates are only estimates, so keep that in mind. They are unable to estimate your life expectancy or predict how well your treatment will work. Speak to your healthcare provider if you have specific questions about breast cancer survival rates.
The Best Hospitals for Breast Cancer Treatment in New Delhi are the Following:
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Fortis Escorts Hospital, New Delhi
- Max Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi
- Manipal Hospitals Dwarka, Delhi
How can Medsurge India Help?
Medsurge India is a prestigious support system for patients looking for doctors, hospitals, and specialized treatments. We’ll find the most suitable medical options for you. Regarding your medical issues, our team will give you a list of certified, reputable, and trusted doctors and hospitals. Additionally, we offer a treatment strategy that fits your budget. Apart, we assist patients with obtaining travel authorizations, medical visas, and a multitude of other things.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What type of breast cancer is the most difficult to treat?
A: The most difficult to treat is known as Triple-negative breast cancer. It is also the hardest to treat and less common form of breast cancer.
Q: Which breast cancer is the most common?
A: Invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC) is the most common accounting for roughly 70 to 80% of all cases. IDC is cancer that starts in a milk duct and grows into other parts of the breast.
Q: What factors increase the risk of breast cancer?
A: Risk Factors that increase the risk of breast cancer:
- Getting older
- Genetic mutations
- Reproductive history
- Having dense breast
- Personal history of breast cancer or certain non-cancerous breast diseases
- Family history of breast or ovarian cancer
- Previous treatment using radiation therapy.
Q: How quickly does breast cancer spread?
A: Breast cancer cells can take about 1 to 2 months if a detectable tumor has likely been growing in the body for 2 to 5 years. Generally, the more cells divide, the bigger the tumor grows.
Q: Is breast cancer curable?
A: Yes, breast cancer is very treatable if spotted early. Localized cancer (meaning it hasn’t spread outside your breast) is usually treated before it spreads in the body. If cancer cell starts to spread, treatment becomes more complicated.
27 Inhang-ro Sinheung-dong Incheon Incheon 400 711 South Korea
Established in : 1996
Number of Beds : 906
Scheme-L11, P-4&5, Gariahat Road Kolkata 700029 India
Established in : 1996
Number of Beds : 400
634-18, Geumam-dong 20, Geonjiro Deokjin-gu, Jeonju-si, Jeonju Jeollabuk-do 561712 South Korea
Established in : 1909
Number of Beds : 1150
Senior Consultant , MBBS, MS, FRCS, Fellowship
40 years of experience
New Delhi, India
HOD , MBBS, Post Graduation, Post Graduation, DM, Diploma
31 years of experience