Cancer Treatment in Chennai
It can be frightening and stressful to know and understand that you have cancer. Recognizing what to predict from diagnosis to recovery can give you confidence and enable you to take charge of your health.
Genetic alterations that interrupt this well-ordered process are the cause of cancer. Cells start to grow uncontrollably. A mass of these cells known as a tumor may develop. A tumor may be benign or cancerous. Malignant refers to the ability of a cancerous tumor to develop and metastasize to different body regions. If a tumor is benign, it can enlarge but won’t spread.
Many types of cancer treatment in Chennai are available. Your cancer type and stage, general health, and individual preferences are just a few of the variables that will affect your treatment options. To decide which cancer treatment is best for you, you and your doctor can compare the benefits and risks of each option.
The extent and severity of your cancer will be evaluated through tests by your healthcare provider. When that happens, your diagnosis will be given a number. More cancer has spread, so the higher the number.
There are five main types of cancer. These incorporate:
Cancer has the potential to cause death. It is currently the leading cause of death in the world. However, the type of cancer and the extent of its spread has a significant impact on mortality rates. With prompt care, many cancer types can be successfully treated.
How Cancer Treatment is Performed in Chennai?
There are numerous options for cancer treatment in Chennai is possible. The kind of cancer you have and its stage will determine the type of treatment you get. Cancer treatment options include:
1. Surgery: Surgery’s main objective is to completely eliminate cancer, if possible.
2. Chemotherapy: Drugs are used in chemotherapy to kill cancer cells.
3. Radiation Therapy: High-powered energy beams, like X-rays or protons, are used in radiation therapy to kill cancer cells. Radiation therapy devices can either be placed inside or outside of your body (external beam radiation) (brachytherapy).
4. Bone Marrow Transplant: The substance inside your bones called bone marrow is where blood cells are produced from blood stem cells. Your own bone marrow stem cells or those from a donor can be used in a bone marrow transplant, also known as a stem cell transplant. Your doctor can treat your cancer with higher doses of chemotherapy thanks to a bone marrow transplant. Additionally, diseased bone marrow may be replaced with it.
5. Immunotherapy: Utilizing your body’s immune system to fight cancer is known as immunotherapy or biological therapy. Your immune system doesn’t identify cancer as an intruder, so it can thrive unchecked inside your body. Your immune system can “see” cancer with the help of immunotherapy and attack it.
6. Hormone Therapy: Your body’s hormones can fuel certain cancers. Breast cancer and prostate cancer are two examples. It may be possible to stop the growth of cancer cells by eliminating those hormones from the body or by blocking their effects.
7. Targeted Drug Therapy: Targeted drug therapy focuses on particular cancer cell abnormalities that enable cancer cells to survive.
Cancer Treatment Cost in Chennai
The average cost of cancer treatment in Chennai is INR 4,75,000.
How Chemotherapy in Chennai is performed?
Chemotherapy is a potent type of drug therapy that helps in the elimination of quickly proliferating cancerous cells. It is frequently combined with other treatments, such as surgery, radiation therapy, or hormonal therapy. The stated objectives of chemotherapeutic medications are:
- Prevent division of cells
- Targeting the energy source of cancerous cells
- Stimulating apoptosis of cancerous cells
The best cancer doctor in Chennai typically administers chemotherapy medications via pills, IV, or intravenous injection. Additional ways the administration uses include:
- If the tumor is reachable, the medications are directly injected there.
- Some skin cancers can be treated with topically applied chemotherapy creams.
- The affected area of the body can also receive localized chemotherapy.
- The medications can also be injected once or taken orally.
- During each session, a needle is occasionally inserted to administer the drugs into the bloodstream.
Which are the Best Hospitals for Cancer Treatment in Chennai?
The best cancer hospitals in Chennai are the following:
The cost of cancer treatment in Chennai may also vary on the basis of the hospital chosen by the patient.
several factors that could influence the cost of cancer treatment in Chennai include:
- Cancer stage
- Location of the tumor
- Types of drugs used
- Number of sessions required
- The doctor’s expertise
- Hospital’s reputation
- Expense of living
- Investigational costs
How Medsurge India can Help?
MedsurgeIndia is a prestigious support system for patients looking for doctors, hospitals, and specialized treatments. We’ll find the most suitable medical options for you. In relation to your medical issues, our team will give you a list of certified, reputable, and trusted doctors as well as hospitals.
Additionally, we offer a treatment strategy that fits your budget. Apart, we assist patients with obtaining travel authorizations, medical visas, and a multitude of other things.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What cancer treatment has the highest rate of success?
A: Procedure 1: Surgery
Most cancers, with the exception of blood cancers, can be treated surgically, with skilled cancer surgeons attempting to remove all or nearly all of a solid tumor. Early-stage cancers that haven’t spread to other body parts respond particularly well to this therapy.
Q: What is the most latest cancer treatment?
A: Immune checkpoint inhibitor pembrolizumab (Keytruda), a ground-breaking medication, is intended to inhibit the activity of the immune system-restraining protein PD-L1 so that immune cells can eliminate cancer.
Q: Is Stage 4 cancer always terminal?
A: Cancer in stage 4 is not always fatal. It usually requires more aggressive treatment because it is advanced. Cancer that is terminal is one that cannot be cured and will eventually take a person’s life. Some people might refer to it as terminal cancer.
Q: Can you feel cancer spreading?
A: When cancer has spread to the bone, fractures, and pain are two common signs of metastatic cancer. When brain cancer has spread, patients may experience headaches, seizures, or vertigo. breathing difficulty after lung cancer has spread.
Q: How many chemotherapy sessions are normal?
A: You usually receive 4 to 8 cycles of treatment over the course of your treatment. A cycle is an interval between the end of one round of treatment and the beginning of the following. You take a break to allow your body to recover after each round of treatment.
27 Inhang-ro Sinheung-dong Incheon Incheon 400 711 South Korea
Established in : 1996
Number of Beds : 906
2, Phayathai Road, Ratchathewi District, Bangkok 10400 Thailand
Established in : 1951
Number of Beds : 1220
27 South Sathorn Road, Yannawa, Bangkok 10120 Thailand
Established in : 1898
Number of Beds : 525
Consultant , Graduation, Post Graduation
26 years of experience