Fibroid Treatment Cost in India
Myomectomy means the surgical removal of the fibroid, with reconstruction and repair of the uterus. Before myomectomy, shrinking fibroids with gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogue (GnRH-a) therapy can reduce blood loss from the surgery.
Symptoms for Detecting Fibroids
Some women who have fibroids don’t have any symptoms or may have only mild symptoms, while other women have more intense and disruptive symptoms. Following are the symptoms of fibroid:
- Heavy or prolonged menstrual periods
- Abnormal bleeding between menstrual periods
- Pelvic pain (caused as the tumor presses on pelvic organs)
- Frequent urination
- Low back pain
- Pain during intercourse
- A firm mass, often located near the middle of the pelvis, which can be felt by the physician
Medical Test /Diagnosis for Fibroid Treatment
Fibroids are most often found during a routine pelvic examination. It can be diagnosed by:
- An abdominal examination
- Transvaginal ultrasound
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Endometrial biopsy
- Blood test
Fibroid Removal Treatment
Surgical removal of the fibroid (myomectomy) Contain:
- Hysteroscopy: Involves inserting a lighted viewing instrument through the vagina and to the uterus.
- Laparoscopy: utilizes a lighted viewing instrument and a couple of small cuts (incisions) in the abdomen are created.
- Laparotomy: Uses a larger incision in the abdomen.
- Hysteroscopy: is utilized to remove fibroids on the interior wall of the uterus which hasn’t grown deep into the uterine wall.
- Laparoscopy: is completed for eliminating a couple of fibroids to approximately 2 in. (5.1 cm) across, which are climbing on the exterior of the uterus).
- Laparotomy: is used to eliminate large fibroids, many fibroids, or fibroids that have grown deep into the uterine wall.
Days spent in the hospital depends on:
- Hysteroscopy is an inpatient procedure.
- Laparoscopy may be an outpatient procedure or may require a stay of 1 day
- Laparotomy requires a mean stay of 1 to 4 days.
Recovery time depends on the method used for the myomectomy:
- Hysteroscopy requires a few days to 2 weeks to recover.
- Laparoscopy requires 1 to 2 weeks.
- Laparotomy requires 4 to 6 weeks.
Factors Affecting the Cost of Fibroid Removal Treatment
Following are the factors which will affect the treatment cost:
- The hospital patient is opting for.
- Room –Standard single room, deluxe room, super deluxe room for the number of nights specified (including nursing fee, meals, room rate, and room service).
- Operating room, ICU
- Fee for the team of doctors (Surgeons, Anaesthetist, Dietician )
- Standard test and diagnostic procedures
- The cost will also vary depending on the surgical procedure performed.
Medsurge India offers the best Fibroid Treatment Cost in India at an affordable price for international patients coming to India under the supervision of the most trained doctors.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can fibroid stop or decrease the chance of getting pregnant?
A: Sub Infection and intramural fibroids are demonstrated to decrease the odds of becoming pregnant by up to 50 percent.
Q: For how long a patient will stay in the hospital?
A: Mainly the hospital stay is around 6 days to two weeks.
Q: What care is required after the procedure?
A: Mostly women will need substantial care in the home for 6 months since they won’t have the ability to lift or elongate or drive.
Q: What will be the effect on fertility?
A: Fertility is preserved following the process. If fibroids were the reason for infertility or miscarriage that the achievement rate for childbirth is high.
Q: Can fibroids be cancerous?
A: Fibroids aren’t connected with cancer. Fibroids rarely develop into cancer and the threat is significantly less than 0.1percent of cases. A cancerous muscle tumor from the uterus is infrequent and It’s called as leiomyosarcoma.
Q: When can a patient be sexually active after the procedure?
A: After about 6 weeks, the patient may go for sexual intercourse, if they haven’t any pain or vaginal bleeding. When there’s any bleeding or pain after sexual activity, then the physician ought to be contacted.
Q: How soon the scar will disappear?
A: Originally the scar will look like a red line and lumpy. The patient may experience some drawing feeling because it heals. The red line will slowly fade off after a year, then it seems like a thin white line.
You May Looking for
Consultant , MBBS, DNB
Experience: 12 years of experience
Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad