Intrauterine Insemination Treatment Cost in India
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) is a kind of artificial insemination process wherein sperms are injected into the uterus. The process may be used for many sorts of fertility issues.
Within this process, the feminine is prescribed fertility medications and ovulation is tracked, sperm sample from spouse or donor is washed and ready for the insemination. The timing of insemination is tracked and performed only before childbirth for the achievement of the process.
Reasons for IUI
- A woman’s immune system could be rejecting her partner’s sperm.
- Women having cervix issues — like cervical scarring, peripheral congestion in endometriosis, or unreceptive cervical mucus. This process lets the sperm bypass the cervical mucus completely.
- In instances involving male infertility, when really low sperm count or when sperm are not powerful enough to float through the cervix and into the fallopian tubes.
- In the event of one woman or a lesbian couple want to have a biological child.
- A couple where one person is transgender can also use donor sperm to become pregnant.
Diagnostic Tests for IUI
- Hormonal studies
- Laparoscopy, HSG
- Semen analysis
- Ahead of the Intrauterine insemination process, a fertility specialist consults and assesses both the spouses
- The couple is evaluated for fertility, deciding the motility, number, and viability of the male semen and female’s ovulation and test to determine if uterus may encourage a pregnancy.
- Ovulation medicine is prescribed and monitored with blood or ultrasound testing. This observation helps your physician determine the best time for your injection of the sperm.
- If male factor infertility problems are guessed prior to IUI, your spouse will require a complete male fertility test. In this test, a physician will assess semen for sperm count and motility.
- When the sperm count is reduced, the physician may ask to offer several semen samples. Before committing a semen sample counseled abstinence from ejaculation for 2-3 days. This may maximize sperm count, and help make sure that his semen is mobile and healthy.
The physician will inject the sperm into the uterus in the perfect time for conception. IUI is performed before childbirth.
- Firstly, you have to lie down on the exam table as you normally do for a pelvic exam.
- Later, your doctor will insert a very small, thin and flexible catheter into your cervix.
- Later on, the washed sperm sample is injected right into your uterus. Injecting the prepared sperm into your uterus is quick and virtually painless.
- May have cramping during the procedure and light bleeding afterward.
- Doctors advocate patients lie at 15 – 30 minutes following the process.
- Patients are counseled to lower their aerobic activity and heavy lifting in this period of time.
- The testosterone levels have been assessed a week after childbirth. Ultrasound is done to detect uterine lining, the depth of which provides some clues as to whether the IUI process was successful.
- When the process is effective, the girl will conceive and carry a baby to term at the standard method.
Factors affecting the Cost of IUI
The cost to the patient depends on a variety of factors like:
- The hospital patient chooses
- The doctor’s Fees
- Price of Tests and diagnostics
- Price of the number of cycles of IUI
- Cost of follow-up care
Reach out to our experts for the best and affordable Intrauterine Insemination Treatment Price in India.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the goal of IUI?
A: The objective of IUI would be to grow the amount of sperm that reach the fallopian tubes and so raising the odds of fertilization.
Q: What are the factors on which IUI success rates depend?
A: Insemination success rates vary depending upon a number of factors including:
- The number of cycles of IUI you undergo. With 3 to 6 cycles of IUI, pregnancy rates can be as high as 80%
- Suitable timing and healthy sperm boost the chances of IUI success
- Age of women
- Status of rectal tubes
- Sperm sample
Q: What are the chances of success of IUI according to age?
A: The chances of success of IUI decreases with age;
- Under 35: 10 to 20% chance of pregnancy
- Between 35 and 40: 10% chance
Q: What are the reasons for the low success rate of IUI?
A: The reasons are:
- Older age of the woman
- Poor egg or sperm quality
- A severe case of endometriosis
- Excessive damaged or blocked fallopian tubes
Q: How long does the IUI procedure take?
A: The IUI procedure doesn’t require over a few minutes and is extremely much like a Pap smear evaluation. Adhering to the IUI, you’ll be requested to keep lying for 15 to half an hour.
Q: How does the physician check for ovulation?
A: The doctor tests for childbirth from ultrasounds or blood tests, or basal body temperature evaluations, imagining that the color and texture of the vaginal mucus.
Q: Why is the sperm sample washed and prepared before insemination?
A: The sperm sample is washed to get rid of toxic compounds, preparation and washing also focus the sperm to a high quantity. This elevated concentration helps the safest, many cellular sperm to get to the egg, also raises IUI success prices.
Q: What is the source of sperm used for IUI?
A: The sperm used in artificial insemination could be offered by the woman’s partner or donor sperm.
Q: How the semen sample is collected and how long before it’s inseminated?
A: The sample is accumulated through orgasm right into a sterile collection cup. There’s a delay of approximately 30 minutes -2 hrs involving the semen sample is accumulated and its own insemination to permit for washing of the sample.
Q: What is the best-suited insemination time for successful IUI?
A: Ideally, an IUI ought to be performed a couple of hours prior to ovulation. When time relies on an hCG shot, the IUI’s are generally done between 24 and 48 hours. In case two IUI’s are scheduled, they’ve generally spaced at least 24 hours apart.
Q: How long should males abstain before IUI?
A: Ordinarily, it’s suggested to pay for 48-72 hours to be able to make sure the ideal motility and morphology of sperm.
Q: How long does it take for implantation after IUI?
A: Implantation generally takes place 6-12 days after ovulation — so 6-12 days after a properly timed IUI.
Q: What added factors can help in the success of IUI?
A: It’s important to maintain a healthy lifestyle, get to a healthy weight, and stop drinking, smoking.
Q: What next if IUI is not successful?
A. It’s advised trying IUI at least three to six times with injectable hormones prior to going to some other therapy.
If artificial insemination does not show consequence, then other choices could be tried just like in vitro fertilization (IVF) with your eggs with donor eggs.
Q: Which has better success rates IUI or IVF?
A: IUI is less invasive and less expensive than IVF, however, the pregnancy rate of IVF is higher.
Q: What is the most common reason for IUI?
A: Low sperm count or diminished sperm motility is the most frequent cause for IUI being done.
Q: Can I have IUI done if I have had a tubal ligation?
A: No, you cannot do IUI in tubal ligation cause in IUI the fertilization occurs in your fallopian tube.
Q: Is a pregnancy from IUI different from normal?
A: No, pregnancy caused by artificial insemination is not any different from maternity accomplished by sexual intercourse. In both, the female is the biological mother of a child, along with also the man whose semen is utilized is the biological father.
You May Looking for
Experience: 39 Years
Baby Joy Fertility and IVF, Delhi
Senior Consultant , FRCOG, MBBS
Experience: 22 years of experience
Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai