Slip Disk Treatment Cost in India
A slipped disc signifies that among those disks of cartilage at the backbone is ruined and it moves on the nerves. The disk mainly presses on the nerve root which could lead to pain and other symptoms at a leg. We at Medsurge India provides affordable and best slip disk surgery cost in India with best practices.
Symptoms of Slip Disk
The most frequent symptoms that are present are:
- Back pain
- Nerve root pain (usually sciatica)
- Other nerve root signs
- The irritation or pressure on nerve beside the spine may also cause pins and needles, weakness or numbness within a buttock, leg or foot
- Cauda equina syndrome: This syndrome causes lower back pain
- Problems with bowel and bladder function (generally inability to pass urine).
- Numbness from the saddle region round the back passage (anus).
- Weakness in both legs.
Medical Tests Required
The health care provider will typically have the ability to diagnose a’slipped’ (prolapsed) disk in the signs and by examining you. Typically, no evaluations are necessary, as the symptoms often settle in a couple of weeks. Tests like X-rays or scans can be advised if symptoms persist. Specifically, an MRI scan may demonstrate the website and magnitude of a prolapsed disk.
The treatment choices available are:
- Physical therapy
Slip Disk Surgery
It’s suggested only when the additional choices haven’t worked. Prior to the operation subsequent test is recommended:
- CT/CAT Scan
- Electromyogram or nerve conduction studies
Treatment and Cost Related to Slip Disk
Starting USD 5,000
( Indian Rupees 3,60,000 )
Starting USD 6,400
( Indian Rupees 4,60,800 )
Starting USD 4,500
( Indian Rupees 3,24,000 )
Starting USD 4,500
( Indian Rupees 3,24,000 )
- In this procedure, the surgeon makes an opening in the vertebral arch (lamina) to release the pressure on the nerve roots.
- The procedure is performed through a tiny incision with the aid of a microscope. If needed, the lamina could be removed.
This really is the most common surgery being used for a herniated disk in the pelvic area.
- In this procedure, the section of the disk that is the reason for the pressure on the nerve root is removed. In some cases, the whole disk is eliminated.
- The surgeon will obtain entry into the disc through an incision at the back (or neck).
- Microdiskectomy: is a brand new and less invasive procedure
3. Artificial Disk Surgery
This process is performed under general anesthesia. It is mostly used for a single disk when the problem is in the lower back.
- Within this procedure, the surgeon enters through an incision in the abdomen.
- The broken disk is replaced with a synthetic disk made from plastic and metal. The patient may need to stay in the hospital for a few days.
4. Spinal Fusion
- General anesthesia is required for spinal fusion.
- Within this procedure, two or more vertebrae are permanently fused together.
- This may be achieved with bone grafts from a different part of your body or from a donor. It might also involve plastic or metal screws and rods designed to offer extra support. This will permanently immobilize that part of your backbone.
Factors Affecting the Cost of Slip Disk Surgery
The slip disk treatment cost in India depends upon various factors they are:
- The clinic individual is picking for.
- Room –Standard single room, deluxe room, super living room for the no. of nights defined (such as nursing charge, meals, room rate, and room service).
- Running Space, ICU
- Fee for the group of physicians (Surgeons, Anesthetist, Physiotherapist, Dietician)
- Regular evaluation and diagnostic processes
- Is Determined by the treatment choices
- The kind for operation patient is opting for
Medsurge India offers the best Slip Disk Surgery Cost in India at an affordable price for international patients coming to India under the supervision of the most trained doctors.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does everyone with Back Pain has Slip Disk?
A: No, Slipped disk is a very common condition, and it’s frequently over-diagnosed. Many people with back pain of sudden onset which get better in 2-5 days may only have muscle, ligaments, or facet joint-related pains. In addition, the pain might be from a ripped disc rather than a slipped disc.
Q: What’s the difference between a torn disk & a slipped disk?
A: Both of these are distinct, for example in the event of a cushion, if it tears it’s a torn disc but when it tears and cotton comes out it is a slipped disk, and the substance which comes out causes pressure on the nerves. So the pain from a ripped disc is mostly back pain whereas by a slipped disc it’s leg and back pain.
Q: What about acupuncture/acupressure?
A: They’re simply pain-relieving modalities. By pressing on the leg you can’t push the disc back. These modalities do is confuse the brain (where the pain is felt) by providing a pressure stimulus. In case you have to get better then it keeps you comfortable until that happens.
Q: What about heat bags & massage?
A: They are pain-relieving modalities rather than a cure. They’ll cause no harm so long as excess pressure isn’t applied throughout massages.
49 Busandaehak-ro, Mulgeum-eup, Yangsan-si, Gyeongsangnam-do, South Korea Yangsan Gyeongsangnam-do 626770 South Korea
Established in : 2008
Number of Beds : 1008
81 Irwon-Ro Gangnam-gu Seoul Seoul 06351 South Korea
Established in : 1994
Number of Beds : 1979
Road No 72, Opp. Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan School Hyderabad 500033 India
Established in : 1988
Number of Beds : 380
Consultant , Graduation, Fellowship
21 years of experience
Istanbul , Turkey
Consultant , Graduation, Fellowship, Fellowship
33 years of experience