Craniotomy Surgery Cost in India
- Craniotomy Surgery Price in India varies between USD 4800 to USD 5800.
- The patient has to spend approximately 7 days in the hospital and 10 days outside the hospital.
- Based on the size of the tumor and the patient’s medical condition, the success rate of the Craniotomy process is 96 percent. There may be lower achievement rates in patients with complications of meningitis etc.
- Tests used to diagnose brain disorders include Computed Tomography (CT), Cerebral Arteriogram, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) of the brain, Electroencephalogram (EEG), X-Rays of the skull and Positron Emission Tomography (PET) scan.
Kinds of Craniotomy Surgery
Listed below are the most Distinct procedures of doing a craniotomy surgery:
Extended Bifrontal Craniotomy: This procedure is performed to operate meningiomas, esthesioneuroblastomas, malignant skull base tumors, and tumors that cannot be removed by a minimally invasive approach. In this process, the frontal bone of the skull has been cut briefly so the tumor could be removed with no manipulation of the mind.
Supra-Orbital Craniotomy: It is also known as the “eyebrow” craniotomy, the supraorbital craniotomy is a least nosy procedure in which a small laceration is made within the eyebrow to remove pituitary tumors or tumors that are located in front of the brain. This technique is done while the tumor is too big to get an endonasal endoscopic operation.
Orbitozygomatic Craniotomy: This is performed to remove difficult tumors and treat aneurysms. It’s done by temporarily taking away the bone which forms the shape of this clitoris and orbit. Craniopharyngiomas, adrenal glands, and meningiomas are treated for this method.
Translabyrinthine Craniotomy: In this procedure of craniotomy, the incision is made just behind the ear. Thereby the mastoid bone and a number of the internal ear bone have been removed to extract the tumor without causing any injury to the mind. Acoustic neuroma is treated within this surgical procedure although its only drawback is the loss of hearing.
When is a Craniotomy Done?
A craniotomy is done to treat/remove the following:
- Brain tumor
- Blood clots
- Arteriovenous malformation
- Skull fractures
- Tear in the dura mater
- Damaged or swollen portions of the brain
- Implanting neurostimulator (or brain pacemaker) to treat Parkinson’s Disease
Analysis before Craniotomy Surgery/Treatment
Diagnosis for Craniotomy includes the following tests:
- Blood tests
- An Electrocardiogram
- A chest X-ray
- CT Scan
- MRI Scan
Before doing a craniotomy surgery, many neurology Tests have been conducted to find the issue from the patient’s mind so the bone flap could be cut with precise accuracy, the neurological problem can be identified, and how big the tumor could be anticipated.
Throughout the Craniotomy Procedure
- Patients will be placed on the operating table in a way that gives you the best access to both sides of their mind to be worked on.
- An incision can be made from behind the hairline in the front of the ear and the nape of their neck, or at a different place based on the positioning of the issue.
- Your scalp is going to soon be pulled up and trimmed to control bleeding while providing entry to the mind.
- A health drill is going to be used to earn burr holes in the skull.
- The bone is going to be trimmed carefully using a particular saw and the bone flap is going to be removed and stored.
- Following the surgeon has pulled the tumor in the targeted place or implanted the neurostimulator (based upon the individual’s situation) he/she will suture (sew) the layers of tissue together. A sterile dressing or bandage will be implemented over the incision.
Following the Craniotomy process
- The individual will probably be kept under observation from the recovery area.
- Following his blood pressure, heartbeat, and breathing are stable and the patient is awake, he/she is going to be brought to the ICU.
- The mind functioning of the individual is completely checked by the health care team in order to ensure his/her body systems are functioning correctly.
- The individual is then sent into a rehab facility so that he can recover his potency.
Factors Affecting Price of Craniotomy Surgery in India
Following are the variables that will affect the treatment Price:
- The clinic that the individual is choosing.
- Regular diagnostic and test processes
- Price of the follows -up care that is necessary after the process.
Medsurge India offers the best Craniotomy Surgery Cost in India at an affordable price for international patients coming to India under the supervision of the most trained doctors.
Top Neurosurgeons in India
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How If the patient prepare himself/herself per week before the operation?
A: The individual must stop taking blood-thinning drugs.
Q: Can Does the patient have water or food prior to the craniotomy operation?
A: One is not permitted to eat or drink anything in front of a craniotomy operation.
Q: Are any additional questions requested to the individual before performing a craniotomy?
A: Ahead Into a craniotomy operation, the anesthetist asks the sufferers around his/her Overall health, allergies, and past surgeries (if any) along with the patient’s reactions to previous anesthetics.
Q: For how long would the individual remain in the ICU?
A: The individual is permitted to consume a normal breakfast and he could drift the very first day following the operation.
Q: Will the patient have an MRI scan after surgery?
A: An MRI scan is done again in 24 to 48 hours post-surgery.
Q: When are the sutures removed?
A: The sutures and staples are removed between the 7th and 14th postoperative days.
Q: What are the constraints of the individual post craniotomy operation?
A: Walking And taking private care is permitted following a day of this craniotomy operation. Strenuous activities such as work-outs, lifting weights that are heavy and powerful exertions must be avoided for four to six weeks.
Q: From when can the individual resume work?
A: It is based on the job of the individual. The strenuous function is best avoided for longer intervals until their physical strength is recovered. Normally,
You May Looking for
Senior Consultant , Fellowship, MRCS, MS, MBBS
Experience: 23 years of experienceGleneagles Global Hospitals, Richmond Road, Bengaluru
Bangalore , India
Experience: 32 years of experienceApollo Cradle and Apollo Women's Hospitals, Chennai