Pituitary Tumor Treatment Cost in India
A pituitary tumor is a benign growth that forms in the pituitary gland. This gland is a small organ, roughly the size of a pea. It is situated near the base of the brain, behind the nose. Some of these tumors induce the pituitary gland to overproduce certain hormones that regulate vital bodily processes. Others may cause the pituitary gland to generate inadequate levels of those hormones.
Pituitary Tumor Treatment in India is less expensive than in the United States, Russia, and the United Kingdom. The best facilities are available to patients seeking treatment for pituitary tumor treatment in India. These facilities provide affordable healthcare plans, top-notch medical equipment, and the assurance of top-notch medical staff.
Types of Pituitary Tumors
- Pituitary Microadenoma — smaller than 1 cm
- Pituitary Macroadenoma — larger than 1 cm
- Symptomatic adrenal gland — those patients see the doctor with displaying symptoms.
- The asymptomatic adrenal gland is usually discovered incidentally on imaging and doesn’t demand any competitive therapy except for sequential imaging.
- Functional Pituitary tumors — induce abnormal hormone production, these hormones regulate metabolism, development, and sexual, and other physiological functions.
- Non -practical Pituitary tumors — are usually recognized when they get big in dimension and media surrounding structures.
Symptoms of Pituitary Tumor
Many times Pituitary tumors are asymptomatic and seen in scans done for some other disease condition.
Symptoms when present mostly are:
Hormonal problems due to over or underproduction of hormones
Symptoms due to Overproduction of hormones
- Prolactin-excess Manufacturing stimulates lactation Resulting in Release from Breast Feeding, oligomenorrhoea or amenorrhoea Lack of menses, There Might Be fertility Issues
- Increased growth hormone production Resulting in Gigantism in Children and Acromegaly in adults
- ACTH producing tumors Generating excess cortisol Resulting in Cushing’s syndrome along with weight gain, stretch marks around the Stomach, Higher blood Glucose, Higher blood pressure, hirsutism
- Increased TSH –Contributing to Stress, irritability, Quick Heartbeat, weight Reduction, increased Perspiration
Symptoms due to underproduction of hormones
- Less production of growth hormone –causes late growth in children, poor strength of bones and muscles
- Low TSH causes fatigue, lethargy, cold extremities, weight gain There may be lack of energy, general low feeling
- Changes in vision or Visual loss- when the tumor grows upwards and presses optic nerves, there will be visual changes, the patient will be able to see central and not peripheral, or double vision, etc
Tests and Diagnosis for Pituitary Tumor
Many times asymptomatic and only found on imaging.
Occasionally Pituitary tumors are recognized when the patient presents with symptoms that make the physician defendant and consult with:
- Complete medical history and physical examination, visual field research when tumor pressing on the optic nerve
- blood tests to test for hormone levels.
- Imaging evaluations –X rays, MRI scans to check the scope that the tumor has increased, CT scans
Know More –
Top Neurosurgeons in India
Treatment for Pituitary Tumor
Pituitary tumors are usually curable, mainly these are benign tumors Hence no metastasis.
For Pituitary Tumor Treatment in India, the treatment program was chosen jointly by a group of the neurosurgeon, endocrinologists, doctors, and an oncologist in consultation with the patient.
Pituitary Tumor Treatment in India goal is to provide relief of presenting symptoms:
- Few cases require only monitoring and regular endocrine screening,
- Few cases can be treated by medication only,
- Few may require surgery, radiation, chemotherapy or a combination of the above.
Surgery, when required, can be:
Traditional surgery (craniotomy) — cutting open the skull, raising the brain, and following the tumor, operation necessitates hospitalization for around two months and a lengthy recovery period. The dangers are full of this kind of operation and are typically avoided.
Trans sphenoid surgery strategy — an endoscopic operation performed with the assistance of fibro optic scope introduced through the nose and sphenoid sinus to the brain, tumor split, and scooped through suction. This process is generally performed as is significantly less insecure and has quicker healing with just two days of operation required.
Best Neuro Surgeons in India
- Dr. Sandeep Vaishya
- Dr. Rana Patir
- Dr. Raghunathan N
- Dr Nigel P Symss
- Dr. K. Sridhar
- Dr. Paresh K. Doshi
- Dr. Aditya Gupta
Aftercare or Follow up Treatment:
Blood tests and hormone markers, in addition to MRI scans, are completed a couple of days after surgery to assess whether the treatment was effective. Screening of these instances has to be preserved after the operation at regular intervals to assess and modify the treatment program.
Know more about this disease. Click Here
Pituitary Tumor Treatment Cost in India
- Pituitary Tumor Treatment Cost in India starts from USD 4000.
- After Pituitary Tumor Treatment in India, your hospital stay is of 4 days and seven days beyond the hospital.
- Based on the size and location of the tumor, a method employed for elimination, the success rate is greater than 95 percent. There might be a marginally lower rate of success in open operations when compared with nominal invasive ones.
- Tests necessary to ascertain Pituitary Tumors are Vision evaluations, Blood and Urine tests, Computerized Tomography (CT) scans, or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
Factors Affecting the Cost of Pituitary Macro Adenoma Treatment
- The hospital patient is opting for.
- Room –Standard single room, deluxe room, super deluxe room for the number of nights specified (including nursing fee, meals, room rate, and room service).
- Operating room, ICU
- Fee for the team of doctors
- Standard test and diagnostic procedures
Depending on the treatment options :
- Radiation therapy
Best Pituitary Tumor Treatment Hospitals in India
- Fortis Hospital Gurgaon
- Artemis Hospital Gurgaon
- Manipal Hospitals Dwarka, Delhi
- Fortis Hospital Noida
- Amrita Hospital, Faridabad
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital Mumbai
- Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
Why Do Individuals Prefer to Have Pituitary Tumor Treatment in India
The country has some of the best medical care facilities and services in Asia, making medical tourism in India very popular. The best hospital for pituitary tumor treatment in India provides all types of cancer-related surgeries using advanced technology. Also, the pituitary tumor treatment cost in India is much more affordable as compared to other states or nations around the world. An international patient can expect to pay 50-60% less for a total pituitary tumor treatment cost in India.
Hospitals that treat Pituitary Tumor Treatment in India provide comprehensive appropriate treatment, including comprehensive pre-operative evaluations, minimally invasive surgical options, and post-operative rehabilitation programs. Patients can expect personalized treatment, individualized attention, and compassionate care at these medical facilities. The hospitals are accredited by top international organizations such as the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH) or the Joint Commission International (JCI).
How Can Medsurge India Help
Medsurge India is a prestigious support system for patients looking for doctors, hospitals, and specialized treatments. We’ll find the most suitable medical options for you. Regarding your medical issues, our team will give you a list of certified, reputable, and trusted doctors and hospitals. Additionally, we offer a treatment strategy that fits your budget. Apart, we assist patients with obtaining travel authorizations, medical visas, and a multitude of other things.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the cost of pituitary tumor treatment in India?
A: The adrenal gland therapy price in India is dependent upon the technique employed for elimination and the estimated price can fluctuate between 6500-7500 USD. The several different factors affecting the price of treatment comprises hospital choice, physician’s fees, diagnostic evaluations, number of travelers, etc.
Q: What is the anatomy and function of the pituitary gland?
A: Pituitary Gland is an adrenal receptor located at the base of the brain, it’s also known as the “master gland” since it modulates the generation of multiple hormones specifically ACTH (adrenocorticotropic hormone ), GH (Growth hormone), Prolactin, TSH (Thyroid-stimulating hormone), LH (luteinizing hormone) and FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone).
Q: What are Prolactinomas?
A: These are tumors inducing increased prolactin level easing generation of breast milk, thereby causing milky discharge, puberty, generally they’re treated with drugs.
Q: What is Cushing’s Syndrome?
A: It’s a disease condition brought on by elevated levels of cortisol secreted by ACTH symptoms of that can be moon face, buffalo hump, easy bruising, stretch marks on the abdomen, excessive hair growth and menstrual irregularities. Ordinarily, these symptoms need aggressive therapy.
Q: What are the risks associated with pituitary tumor surgery?
A: Usually safe surgery but there may be complications like:
- Cerebrospinal fluid leak
- Pituitary failure
Q: In which cases is pituitary tumor treatment/surgery not required?
A: The pituitary tumor is not required to be treated when it’s not large, not causing any symptoms does not secrete any hormone, and is small and incidentally found on an imaging scan.
Q: When is pituitary tumor surgery required?
A: Surgery is needed as in the event of macroadenoma that’s growing quickly and pressing other construction such as optic nerve generating symptoms.
Q: What is the duration of hospital stay for pituitary surgery?
A: Usually for Transsphenoidal surgery 1 day in ICU and 2 days hospitalization.
Q: Is the pain after surgery intense?
A: There’s minimal pain following an operation that could be controlled using painkillers and generally solved in a week of operation.
Q: What is the risk of damaging the normal gland during surgery?
A: Much like each operation there could be a danger but that is minimal with the seasoned surgeon and modern practices. The danger increases with the tumor.
Q: Will there be any breathing problems faced after trans sphenoidal surgery through the nose?
A: Yes your nose will feel filled after trans sphenoidal operation, it is going to take 6-8 weeks to have regular breathing through your nose.
Q: What are the restrictions after the surgery?
A: Patients have to take it effortlessly for many weeks following the operation. Patients are largely counseled not to lift anything heavy or strain for at least 4 months after the operation.
Q: Is there a risk of pituitary tumors being cancerous?
A: Roughly 99 percent of adrenal glands also known as adenomas are benign, and there are minimal chances of it being cancerous or metastasis.
You May Looking for
Principal Consultant and Head ENT, Ear Nose Throat
Experience:Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, New Delhi, India
Saket, New Delhi, India