Limb Lengthening Surgery Cost in Turkey
If one of your legs is significantly shorter than the other, limb lengthening surgery may be performed. This condition is also known as “Anomalies”. A medical operation is frequently required to correct the discrepancy. This helps to distribute your weight evenly across your hips. However, some people have recently had cosmetic limb lengthening to increase their height by a few inches. Limb lengthening is more commonly performed on patients aged 18 to 25. The average cost of limb lengthening surgery in Turkey is very affordable. Patients who travel to Turkey instead of the UK, US, or Europe can save a huge amount on overall treatment costs.
The recovery from limb lengthening surgery in Turkey is divided into two phases:
- Distraction phase
- Consolidation phase
The success rate for limb lengthening surgery in Turkey’s top hospitals is 99.6%.
What Is Limb Lengthening?
Limb lengthening surgery in Turkey is a surgical procedure used to correct an individual’s legs and arms that are of unequal length or size. The humerus, radius/ulna, femur, tibia, and metatarsals are among them. Limb length disparity is caused by congenital birth defects, poliomyelitis, cerebral palsy, and, in some cases, bone injury. Some people, however, prefer to have the surgery to gain a few inches in height.
Once the bones have grown to their maximum capacity, surgery is recommended. Typically, this is between the ages of 18 and 25. Adults with a leg length difference of at least two centimeters can also undergo the procedure. A surgical procedure called limb lengthening can lessen or eliminate limb-length disparities. The procedure stretches the surrounding muscles, tendons, and ligaments as well as lengthens a patient’s arm or leg bone.
For patients and families, limb lengthening is a physically taxing and time-consuming procedure. It is crucial to completely comprehend the process, its side effects, and alternative treatment modalities so you may select the course of action that is best for both you and your child.
Types of orthopedic devices that can be used for limb lengthening in Turkey:
Based on each person’s particular circumstance, doctors decide which gadget will function best.
- External Fixators
- Internal Fixation: Nail
- Internal Fixation: Rods and Nails
- Internal Fixation: Plates
- Internal Fixation: Bone Staples
- Internal Fixation: Wires and Pins
- Spica Cast
Why is Turkey a Top Destination for Limb Lengthening Surgery?
Turkey, also known as a Eurasian country, is located at the crossroads of two continents. Turkey’s culture is a unique fabric that blends eastern and western elements, with a rich history as the successor state to the historic Ottoman Empire. Turkey, like the United States and Western Europe, is classified as a developed country and regional power. And one of the top ten medical tourism destinations in the world. Turkey is becoming increasingly popular as a destination for medical tourism. People from all over the world are planning to travel to Turkey to receive competent and excellent medical care for themselves and their loved ones. Above all, when compared to other countries, Turkey’s medical tourism costs are the cheapest.
Turkey is a popular choice for medical tourism for several reasons, including;
- Accredited hospitals with modern equipment
- Superior health care services
- Affordable rates
- Service and culture
- Geographical place
- Traditional, historical, natural, and tourism destinations
Three important benefits of receiving medical treatment in Turkey are the low cost, high quality of care, and ease of access to top-notch care. Turkey’s main competitive advantage over other countries is the massive discounts it offers. Several operations are 50% to 70% less expensive than they would be in the EU. Turkey is perfectly situated, only two to three hours by plane from the major cities of the Middle East and Europe. More than 70 countries can enter Turkey without a visa.
Helpful – Limb Lengthening Surgery Cost in India
What Is the Procedure for Limb Lengthening?
Prior to the Procedure
Before traveling to Turkey, a patient must follow a few steps in order to get limb lengthening surgery there. These consist of:
- At least a month before the surgery, refrain from drinking and smoking.
- Do not consume recreational drugs.
- Avoid using any kind of medication, herbal remedies, or blood-thinning medications like aspirin.
- Maintain a fit and active lifestyle to improve your chances of healing after surgery.
Arrival in Turkey
- The patient will initially receive a thorough evaluation by a qualified orthopedic surgeon as soon as they arrive in Turkey.
- The surgeon will assess the patient’s health and suitability for the procedure. Before the procedure, a patient will be encouraged to have a few blood tests. Depending on the patient’s preferences, these tests may also be performed before departure for Turkey.
- The date of the surgery is planned once the surgeon decides the patient is qualified for it.
- The lengthening process takes around three months and involves an inpatient procedure that can last for two to three hours.
- The osteotomy and limb stabilization phases of the procedure are performed separately.
- The procedure begins with an incision being made in the bone that needs to be extended. The stabilization of the limb using an external fixator or an internal lengthening nail is done during the second stage of surgery.
After the Surgery
- After the procedure, the patient will remain in the hospital for at least three days.
- In order to offer further support to the newly operated area, the surgeon may also apply a cast to the limb.
- During their hospital stay, the patient will get inpatient therapy for mobility.
- One week after the operation, the limb lengthening process starts.
- The latency period is the time frame from the day of surgery to the beginning of the limb-lengthening procedure.
- The freshly severed bone will develop a callus during the latency period to shield it from further harm.
Limb Lengthening Surgery Cost In Turkey
The average cost for limb lengthening surgery in Turkey starts from USD 6000. Turkey is one of the top countries for surgery destinations in the world. Given the same level of technology and services, limb lengthening surgery in Turkey is 90% less expensive than in other nations. A growing number of tourists head to Turkey each year for health care and treatment. Turkey should be your first choice if you intend to have surgery.
The patient must spend five days in the hospital and fifteen days elsewhere. The patient’s diagnosis and the facilities they choose will influence the overall cost of the treatment.
How Do I Select a Hospital in Turkey for Limb Lengthening Surgery?
The best orthopedic hospitals in Turkey for limb lengthening surgery are known for their warmth and attentiveness to their patient’s needs. These facilities have some of Turkey’s top orthopedics who are experts in their professions. For an international patient, selecting a good hospital for treatment might be challenging. It is a crucial choice that needs to be made while keeping a number of things in mind, such as:
- Accreditations and certifications for excellence
- Location of the hospital and the transit hub
- A medical and surgical team
- Modern diagnostic and treatment tools
- overseas medical help
How Can Medsurge India Help?
Medsurge India is a prestigious support system for patients looking for doctors, hospitals, and specialized treatments. We’ll find the most suitable medical options for you. Regarding your medical issues, our team will give you a list of certified, reputable, and trusted doctors and hospitals. Additionally, we offer a treatment strategy that fits your budget. Apart, we assist patients with obtaining travel authorizations, medical visas, and a multitude of other things.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How Painful Is Limb Lengthening Surgery?
A: Many children experience limb pain in the weeks following surgery. Your child’s clinical team will assist you in managing his or her pain until it subsides. Most patients find the lengthening procedure to be painless, though your child’s muscles may feel sore or tight.
Q: How Much Taller a Limb Lengthening Surgery Can Make You?
A: This course of treatment has traditionally included several surgeries, a lengthy recovery period, and a number of risks. It can, however, add up to 6 inches (15 centimeters) of length to a leg. The procedure is performed under general anesthesia.
Q: What Age Is Best for Limb Lengthening Surgery?
A: Limb-lengthening surgery is more common in young adults aged 18 to 25 when bone growth is nearing its end. In rare cases, however, the procedure may be performed on older adults. A doctor will usually recommend leg-shortening or leg-restriction surgery if a person’s bones are no longer growing.
Q: Can You Play Sports After Limb Lengthening Surgery?
A: Patients can begin performance-demanding physical activities such as running, jumping, and weight-lifting after the lengthened bones have fully consolidated and with the doctor’s approval (6 to 12 months after the surgery).
Q: Can You Walk While Your Legs Are Being Lengthened?
A: If you have a lengthening rod, you will be unable to bear all of your weight on the lengthened leg and will need to use crutches until the bone is almost completely healed. If you have an external fixator, the frame will support your entire body weight, and you will no longer need crutches after a few weeks.
You May Looking for
Experience: 34 years of experience
Batra Hospital & Medical Research Centre, New Delhi
New Delhi, India
Experience: 35 years of experience
Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai