Kidney Stones Removal Surgery Cost in India
Living with the pain of kidney stones can be a ghastly experience. Thanks to modern advancements in the field of Urology, the risks and side effects of kidney stone removal are minimal. We will guide you in selecting the most suitable procedure that fits your budget, so you can leave Kidney pain behind for good.
More about Kidney Stone Removal Surgery
There are different methods used for the removal of kidney stones, Determined by How Big the stone, Its Own Location, and type:
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL).
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy and Percutaneous Nephrolithotripsy (PCNL)
Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL)
ESWL uses sound waves to make powerful vibrations (shock waves) that split the stones into tiny bits that could be passed into your urine.
Procedure of ESWL
- The comprehensive treatment takes approximately 45 to 60 minutes.
- A process is done under general or local anesthesia since there is pain.
- The patient is placed on an operating table so the rock is targeted just together with all the shock wave, causing the rock to fragment. Stones are broken which are small enough to maneuver into the urine.
- Occasionally, a stent is inserted through the bladder until the kidney only before ESWL.
- Drinking loads of water helps the stone fragments pass. For many weeks, you might pass stone fragments.
- After a couple of days asked to strain your urine through a filter to catch the rock pieces for analyzing
- You can pass blood in your urine
- May experience serious distress pain as shattered stone fragments produce their way outside
- Oral pain medication and drinking a lot of water can help relieve symptoms.
Risks of ESWL procedure
- ESWL can cause blood in the urine
- Bruising on the Trunk or Stomach
- Infection around the kidney and other Adjoining organs
- Discomfort since the stone fragments Extends through the urinary tract
Prognosis of ESWL treatment
Approximately 50-75percent patients are shown to be free of stone in three weeks of ESWL therapy. The maximum success rates are in these patients with smaller rocks (significantly less than 1 cm).
Remove stone with the Help of Scope.
Indication for Ureteroscopy:
Used for stones found in the ureter, particularly for stone closest to the bladder, most widely employed for the treatment of lower ureteral stones.
Kidney Stones Removal Surgery Cost in India
( Indian Rupees approx. 1,29,600 )
Procedure of Ureteroscopy
- It’s usually done as an outpatient procedure and doesn’t need hospitalization
- A little scope is placed into the bladder and ureter
- It allows the urologist to view in the ureter, locate the stone, and remove it.
- The surgeon enters a very small wire basket in the lower ureter through the bladder, grabs the rock, and pulls the rock free.
- Lf that the stone is too big or too closely stuck in the ureter, it could be fragmented and eliminated.
- Ordinarily, the patient monitored for Several hours and then Permitted to return home
- Antibiotics and painkillers prescribed
- A patient Advised keeping a check on warning signs of Disease
Risks of Ureteroscopy
- Injury to the ureter
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy and Percutaneous Nephrolithotripsy (PCNL)
Surgery to remove huge stones from the kidney through tools inserted through a tiny incision at the back. The purpose is to take out each of the stones so that you’re compelled to maneuver through the urinary tract.
Indication for Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy and Percutaneous Nephrolithotripsy
- Used in patients with large or irregularly shaped kidney stones,
- Individuals with Illnesses
- Stones Who have not been Split with ESWL
- In cases where ureteroscopy Impossible
- Stones larger than 2 cm
- The process takes approximately 20 to 45 minutes depending on the place of the stone
- The process is done under anesthesia
- A little incision is made on the trunk to go into the kidney
- A nephroscope and other tiny tools are complex in through the pit
- If the stone has been removed through the tube, it’s known as nephrolithotomy.
- If that the stone is divided and then eliminated, it’s known as nephrolithotripsy.
- The surgeon, high-grade audio waves to break up the stone, uses a suction system to clean up
- The patient is put under observation in hospital for 2-3 times
- Regular monitoring of vitals
- Compounds and pain killers prescribed
- Strenuous Action to be avoided Originally
Risks of procedure
- Small risk of injury to other nearby organs, such as bowel, ureter, liver, or the bladder
Factors Affecting the Cost of AICD Implantation:
The cost is dependent upon a number of factors such as:
- The hospital, the individual selects
- Price of this unit
- Room –Standard single room, deluxe room, super living room for the number of nights defined (such as nursing charge, meals, room rate, and room service)
- The fee to your group of physicians
- Regular test and diagnostic processes
- The cost of this follow—up care needed after the procedure.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How can kidney stones be prevented?
A. Prevention of kidney stones may have a combination of lifestyle modifications and drugs.
- Drinking water during the day.
- Eat fewer oxalate-rich foods.
- Select a diet low in salt and animal protein.
- Precaution while choosing calcium supplements
- Drugs – Medications can control the number of salts and minerals in your urine and might be useful in people who form certain sorts of stones.
Q: How are kidney stones diagnosed?
A. Kidney stones can be diagnosed by:
- Blood studying: blood tests may reveal an excessive amount of calcium or uric acid in the blood.
- Urine testing: The 24-hour urine collection evaluation may demonstrate that you are excreting a lot of stone-forming minerals or a number of stone-preventing substances.
- Imaging: easy abdominal X-rays, computerized tomography (CT) that will reveal even Little stones
- Intravenous urography
Q: What is the Conservative method of kidney stone treatment?
A: Most little kidney stones do Not require invasive treatment, the course of Actions is:
- Drinking water: consuming up to 2 to 3 liters per day might help flush out of your gastrointestinal system.
- Pain relievers: Sometimes given to look after the pain.
- Medical treatment: The doctor can provide you a medicine to help your kidney stones.
Q: Why are passed stones analyzed?
A: Laboratory analysis shows that the makeup of their kidney stones. The physician uses this information to ascertain the reason behind the formation of kidney stones and avoidance.
Q: When is it urgent that the patient is treated with a procedure to remove kidney stones?
A: In certain instances, the surgeon will cure you instantly. It’s urgent to get rid of kidney stones when you have an illness, acute pain, even if your kidney function is deranged, in the event that you just have one kidney or have had a kidney transplant or in case you’ve got big stones or rocks in the kidneys.
Q: How long does it take for kidney stones to pass?
A: Variable from several hours later, the kidney stones will pass, likely during urination. Normally, stones choose between one and three months to maneuver.
Q: When can ESWL be used?
A. Stones that are smaller than 2 cm in diameter are the best size for SWL.
Q: When is the ESWL procedure avoided?
A. It is avoided in cases of :
- Pregnant girls using stones as x-ray and shock waves have been awarded
- Individuals with bleeding disorders,
- Morbidly obese
Q: What are the advantages and disadvantages of ESWL treatment?
A. Advantage: The principal benefit is the fact that it treats kidney stones with no incision thus reducing hospital stays and recovery periods.
Disadvantage: It does not necessarily work. After SWL, roughly 5Opercent of individuals will be rock-free inside a month. In the others, rock fragments of different sizes stay. Occasionally a repeat process is necessary. SWL has the capability to cause kidney injury.
262 Gamcheon-ro, Amnam-dong, Seo-gu, Busan Busan Busan 49267 South Korea
Established in : 1951
Number of Beds : 1000
120-1, Neungdong-ro, Seoul Seoul 143 729 South Korea
Established in : 1931
Number of Beds : 796
1877, Doctor Anandrao Nair Marg, Mumbai Central East Near Agripada Police Station Mumbai Maharashtra 400011 India
Established in : 2014
Number of Beds : 520
Consultant , Post Graduation, Graduation
13 years of experience
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
Senior Consultant MBBS, MD, DNB
22 years of experience
Chairman , DNB, MCh, MS, MBBS
31 years of experience
New Delhi , India