Prostate Cancer – Surgical Cost in India
- The estimated cost of Prostate Cancer Surgery in India is USD 4600 to USD 5200.
- The cost of treatment varies with the medical conditions and processes selected.
- The patient must remain in the hospital for 2-3 days and 14 times beyond the hospital.
- Tests Necessary to diagnose Prostate Cancer contain Digital Rectal Exam (DRE), Prostate-Specific Antigen(PSA) test, Ultrasound, and MRI Fusion.
Types of Prostate Cancer
- Localized cancer contained inside the prostate
- Locally advanced cancer
- Recurrent cancer comes back after previous therapy
- Metastatic cancer is when cancer has spread into other areas of the human body.
Risk Factor for Prostate Cancer
- Age – the odds of getting prostate cancer increase with advancing age.
- Ethnicity – Black guys more likely to get prostate cancer.
- Family history – with a first degree relative with prostate cancer increases the risk.
- Diet, obesity will also be important contributing factors.
Signs and Symptoms
Clinically the patient presents with symptoms of:
- Urination problems like regular recommending, difficulty in commencing urination, blood in the urine
- Excessive Amount of PSA (protein-specific antigen) in the bloodstream
- Bone fractures are seen in metastatic cases of cancer prostate cancer
- There may be urinary /fecal incontinence in complex cases
Tests and Diagnosis
- Medical health history of the Individual taken into Consideration
- Prostate cancer Is Often detected by PSA (prostate-specific antigen) test of blood
- DRE– Digital Rectal Examination and Transrectal ultrasound Additionally Conducted which Assist Identification
- A biopsy is Generally Conducted to confirm Identification
- To Ascertain the stage of cancer, Cancer Research Such as bone CT scan or MRI scan
- Depends on the spread of cancer in the prostate gland
- In the early stages, the aim of treatment is a cure
- In advanced stages, the aim is to expand the life and relieve symptoms
- Health and age of the patient
Screening at regular intervals to carefully track the condition of patient’s prostate, with no immediate treatment.
Helpful – Chemotherapy FAQ
Prostate Cancer - Surgical Cost in India
( Indian Rupees approx. 3,38,000 )
The principal advantage of operation is that the prostate with all the cancer is eliminated.
Prostatectomy: Normally done for:
Clinically Localized cancer.
- If age young and fast-growing tumor.
- This physician removes the whole prostate gland and might eliminate surrounding cells, lymph nodes along with the seminal vesicles.
- Taking out the lymph node lowers the chance of cancer recurrence.
- It might be carried out laparoscopically or from an open strategy.
- Monitoring in recovery
- Drain put for excess fluids
- Catheter put in
- Stocking and pumps to reduce the risk of clot formation
- In 7-10 days cystogram performed and the catheter removed
- Within 2-4 weeks return to normal activities
- Medication is given to help erection
Risks Associated with Surgery
- Blood clots
- Damage to nearby organs
- Erectile dysfunction
- Urinary incontinence
- This treatment uses high energy beams of X- rays to treat prostate cancer from damaging cells. It’s useful in cases when:
- When cancer is low grade and Restricted locally into the prostate
- As Therapy of choice Together with hormonal Treatment for cancer Which has Become surrounding tissue
- For cancer that recurs
- For metastatic advanced cancers for palliative relief
Types of Radiation Therapy
Brachytherapy – also called seed implantation, here in little radioactive pellets are put on the prostate and they provide their radiation in a low dose over a few months or weeks.
External Beam Radiation also called EBRT where beams are concentrated on the prostate from outside the body.
After Effects of Radiation
- Bowel problems– diarrhea, blood in the stool
- Urinary symptoms– radiation cystitis, urinary incontinence
- Erection problems
- It doesn’t cure, it is a temporary treatment and only slows down the cancer growth or employed as palliative treatment in metastatic instances.
- It intends to reduce production or block activity of the hormone, which leads to destroyed prostate cancer tissues and shrink the prostate gland.
- Hormone treatment could be provided alone or mix with other therapy.
Types of Hormone Therapy
- Orchiectomy: Surgical removal of testicles.
- Medication treatment: block signal from mind consequently lower endocrine, effects can be reversible.
- LH-RH Analogue treatment – blocks the production of hormones.
- Anti Androgen Treatment – cubes activity of hormone used before LHRH treatment to avoid androgen flare.
After Effects of Hormonal Therapy
- Hot flushes
- Reduced sex drive
- Decreased ability to have erections
- Decreased muscle strength
- Can cause bone thinning
- Can lead to dyslipidemia
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the approximate prostrate cancer treatment cost in India?
A: The Prostate Cancer Surgery Price from India is USD 4900 to USD 5500. It is dependent on other factors also such as the number of travelers, source country of travel, and the number of days that will be spent in India.
Q: Where is the prostate gland and what are its functions?
A: Prostate is a big gland between the urethra and the bladder, works to generate fluid that keeps the sperm healthy and aids fertilization.
Q: What is PSA?
A: Protein Specific Antigen (PSA) is a protein produced by cells of the prostate gland, their degrees help identify prostate ailments.
Q: What is the meaning of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia?
A: It’s a condition wherein there is an overgrowth of prostate tissue that pushes against the urethra and bladder. It’s a noncancerous condition.
Q: Can I prevent Prostate Cancer?
A: There’s not any certain way to avoid prostate cancer, however with a healthy lifestyle and regular exercise reduces the danger of growing it.
Q: What are the uses of hormone therapy in Prostate Cancer?
A: Hormone Treatment is used:
- Once the patient Can’t go in for surgery
- Before chemotherapy or radiation to maximize results of therapy
- After chemotherapy or radiation
- Advanced esophageal cancer reduces complications and prolongs survival
Q: How many radiation treatments are needed for prostate cancer patients?
A: Radiation is approximately given 5 days a week for 4-8 weeks, the total dose of radiation depends on the size of the prostate, general health.
Q: What is the prognosis of Prostate Cancer?
A: Prostate cancer is among frequent cancer affecting men, it’s treatable if diagnosed prior to metastasis, routine screening is essential in diagnosing premature.
Q: What is the Gleason Score?
A: It is a method of esophageal cancer cells, ranges from 2-10 suggesting just how likely a tumor will spread. A low Gleason score means cancer cells like normal prostate glands and its not as likely to disperse, nevertheless, a higher Gleason score implies tumor is much more likely to disperse.
Q: How will I understand that my treatment is working positively?
A: Regular Monitoring of PSA is an indicator marker of how the treatment is responding.
Q: What is Erectile Dysfunction?
A: Erectile dysfunction is the inability to have an erection, nerves which control the blood flow to the penis are damaged by the treatment of prostate cancer radiation/surgery as they surround the prostate gland.
Q: Is there a warning sign which may signify the recurrence of cancer?
A: The first and foremost sign will be a rise in the PSA level in blood.
Yenimahalle, Şht. Mesut Birinci Cd. No:85, 55080 Canik/Samsun, Turkey
Established in :
Number of Beds : 250
49 Busandaehak-ro, Mulgeum-eup, Yangsan-si, Gyeongsangnam-do, South Korea Yangsan Gyeongsangnam-do 626770 South Korea
Established in : 2008
Number of Beds : 1008
Guwollam-ro, Guwol 1(il)-dong, Namdong-gu, Incheon, South Korea Incheon Incheon 405760 South Korea
Established in : 1958
Number of Beds : 1600
Chairman , MBBS, MD, DM
35 years of experience
Consultant , MBBS
18 years of experience