Spine Tumour Surgery Cost in India
- Spine Tumour Surgery Cost in India ranges from USD 4800 to USD 5500.
- Depending on cancer tissue type, the success rate of the surgery is 83%.
- The stay in the hospital is of around 4 days and 8 days outside the hospital.
- Tests required prior to the surgery include Blood Tests, X-rays, and MRI scans.
The type of tumor must be considered in determining a treatment plan. In primary tumors, the goal is to remove the tumor completely. In the case of metastatic tumors, the goal is palliative.
If small tumors aren’t growing or pressing on surrounding tissues, monitoring is recommended with periodic CT or MRI scans.
- Radiation therapy– used to treat tumors that remain after surgery, to treat inoperable tumors or to treat those tumors where surgery is too risky.
- Chemotherapy– uses medications to destroy cancer cells.
Spine Tumor Surgery Cost in India
USD 4,800 – USD 5,500
( India Rupees Approx. 3,51,000 – 4,09,290 )
- The surgeon ascertains the general health of the patient, past medical, surgical history, also discusses the procedure its advantages, and possible complications before the surgery.
- Blood tests, X-ray, MRI scan.
- Some medications like blood thinners need to be stopped at least 2 weeks before surgery.
- Advised to stop smoking as it decreases blood circulation.
- The procedure may be done through different techniques. It can be done as an open procedure or as minimally invasive spine surgery, depending on the patient’s needs and the surgeon’s competence.
- To establish a path to the spine, an incision is made in the skin, and tissues are gently pulled aside.
- Minimally invasive spine surgery is a technique that reduces the amount of damage to the tissue surrounding the operation site, allowing for a speedier recovery.
- A catheter is inserted into the tumor location to inject an embolic agent that blocks the vessels supplying the tumor, thereby limiting bleeding.
- Procedure performed under general anesthesia.
- The nerve roots can be exposed and the dura can be identified using the posterior approach. For malignancies in the front of the spine, the anterior approach is used.
- The incisions are stitched up with sutures or staples following the treatment and are removed 10-14 days later.
- For the next 3-5 days, you will be monitored in the hospital.
- Following surgery, you will experience some pain that will be managed with medicine.
- Antibiotics will be given to you.
- In most cases, bed rest is not required.
- You will begin exercises with the assistance of a physical therapist.
- Smoking is not permitted. Smoking delays healing.
- It is suggested that you live a healthy lifestyle.
- Depending on the method, spinal surgery recovery can take weeks or even months.
As in any surgery, there can be complications:
- Chances of blood clots (DVT)
- Temporary loss of sensation
- Nerve damage- Any operation on the spine comes with the risk of damaging the nerves or spinal cord
- Damage can cause numbness or even paralysis.
To know about the Best Spine Surgeons in India, click here.
It depends on the type of spinal tumor, whether benign or malignant, primary or metastatic, as well as the patient’s age and overall health.
Warning Signs after Procedure
- Redness, swelling
- Drainage from the incision site
- Elevated temperature
Read More – Spine Surgery Cost in Turkey
Top Spine Surgeons in India
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is there a link between brain tumours and spinal tumours?
A: Spinal cord cancers resemble brain tumours in appearance. Both are malignancies that originate in the central nervous system and have comparable sorts of malignancies.
Q: How important is irradiation in the treatment of spinal tumours?
A: Radiotherapy is mostly used to treat malignant cancers or cancers that are not surgically treatable. Only a small percentage of tumours are caused by this.
Chandragupta Marg, Opp Russian Embassy, Chanakyapuri New Delhi Delhi 110021 India
Established in : 2001
Number of Beds : 190
488 Srinakarin Rd., Suanluang, Bangkok 10250 Thailand
Established in : 1970
Number of Beds : 420
Plot No.1 A, Bhat GIDC Estate, Gandhinagar 382428 India
Established in : 2003
Number of Beds : 330
Consultant , Fellowship, MCh, MS, MBBS
15 years of experience
Mumbai , India
MBBS, MS - General Surgery, MCh - Neuro Surgery
28 years of experience