Bone Marrow Cancer Treatment Cost In India
Bone marrow cancer originates in the spongy tissue found inside the bone called the marrow. The white blood cells such as lymphocytes, plasma cells, and other tissues are influenced in this particular cancer.
Here we record the most often asked advice about Bone Marrow Cancer Treatment in India. In the event, you have any additional questions or would prefer any other support, don’t hesitate to write to us.
Since 1968, bone marrow transplantation has been used to treat diseases such as leukemias, lymphomas, aplastic anemia, immune deficiency syndromes, and various solid tumor cancers.
What is Bone Marrow?
When cells in the marrow begin to grow improperly or at an accelerated rate, bone marrow cancer develops. Bone marrow cancer, often known as blood cancer, is cancer that begins in the bone marrow. Bone cancer is not the same as bone cancer.
Other cancers can spread to your bones and bone marrow, but they aren’t considered bone marrow cancer.
The stem cells in bone marrow evolve into a variety of blood cells, including:
- The oxygen and carbon dioxide are carried throughout the body by red blood cells.
- Infection-fighting white blood cells
- Platelets, which aid in the coagulation of blood
What is Bone Marrow Transplant?
Patients with certain cancers or other disorders may benefit from a bone marrow transplant (BMT). A bone marrow transplant involves extracting cells from the donor’s bone marrow (stem cells), purifying them, and returning them to the donor (patient) or another person. After a person’s own unhealthy bone marrow has been treated to eliminate the aberrant cells, BMT is used to transfuse healthy bone marrow cells into him or her.
Classification of Bone Marrow Cancer
Bone marrow cancer is classified into the following:
- Multiple Myeloma: The cells are influenced by this kind of bone marrow cancer. The uncontrollable development of cancerous plasma cells contributes to a decreased production of healthy ones resulting in the weakening of the bones.
- Lymphomas: Originating in lymphocytes, a type of white blood cell, lymphomas prevent these cells to resist infection or prevent bleeding.
- Leukemia: Leukemia doesn’t limit itself to the white blood cells only and can also affect the red blood cells.
What are the symptoms of Bone Marrow Cancer?
Many persons with shows no sign or symptoms of bone marrow cancer. When you have multiple myeloma, you may have the following symptoms:
- Bone pain, susceptible to fractures
- Numbness in the legs
- Urination Problem
- Extreme thirst
- Loss of appetite
- Kidney damage or kidney failure
How the diagnosis of Bone marrow cancer is done?
A doctor will review your medical history and conduct a thorough physical examination if you have signs or symptoms of bone marrow cancer.
Diagnosis of bone marrow cancer may include the following test, depending on the findings and your symptoms:
- Bone marrow aspiration: A sample of soft tissue is extracted from bones. It’s performed to check the creation of blood cells from the bone marrow.
- Bone marrow biopsy: A little parcel of marrow is expressed via bone marrow biopsy to check for abnormalities in the blood cells and the existence of any illness.
- Complete Blood Count: To check the number of red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, and degree of hemoglobin.
- Imaging Tests: Imaging evaluations like chest x-rays, ultrasound, CT scans, and MRI Scan are conducted to check the spread of bone cancer within the body and its impacts on the other organs.
- Lumbar Puncture: Also called spinal tap, a lumbar puncture is done to extract the cerebrospinal fluid to check for the spread of this bone marrow cancer in the spine.
Bone Marrow Cancer Treatment Cost In India
Starting USD 17,000
( Indian Rupees approx. 12,24,000 )
What is the treatment procedure for Bone Marrow Cancer?
Treatment for bone marrow cancer is determined by a number of criteria, including the extent and type of disease, as well as the patient’s age and overall condition. A cancer care team will customize treatment to match the individual’s medical needs.
Following a diagnosis of bone marrow cancer, a doctor or oncologist will go over all of the treatment options with the patient. They might suggest particular therapies to get rid of cancer, prevent it from spreading, or reduce the symptoms so you can live more comfortably and enjoy your life.
Type of treatment therapies include:
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is supplied to destroy the bone marrow cancer cells. The medications are provided either in the shape of pills or are supplied via intravenous channels.
- Immunotherapy: Unlike chemotherapy, immunotherapy drugs improve the body’s immune system in order to fight cancer.
- Targeted treatment: In concentrated therapy, the medication provided specifically targets and kill the cancer cells without damaging the other healthy cells.
Factors Affecting the Cost of Bone Marrow Cancer Treatment
The Bone Marrow Cancer Treatment Cost In India depends on the following factors they are:
- The hospital, the patient chooses.
- Room –Standard single room, deluxe room, super deluxe room for the number of nights specified (including nursing fee, meals, room rate, and room service).
- The type of leukemia treatment suggested by the hematologist.
- Fee for the team of doctors.
- Standard test and diagnostic procedures.
- Cost of the follow–up care required after the procedure.
Medsurge India offers the best Bone Marrow Cancer Treatment In India at an affordable price for international patients coming to India under the supervision of the most trained doctors.
Relative survival data reveal how many people survived after receiving a cancer diagnosis in comparison to those who did not. When considering survival rates, keep in mind that they differ from individual to person.
These statistics indicate the long-term survival of patients who were diagnosed many years ago. Because treatment is rapidly improving, survival rates may be higher than these numbers suggest.
Some cancers of the bone marrow are far more aggressive than others. In general, the sooner a doctor diagnoses cancer, the higher your odds of surviving it are. Your prognosis is determined by characteristics specific to you, such as your overall health, age, and treatment response.
Your doctor will be able to give you additional information.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the different types of bone marrow cancer?
A: There are two kinds of bone marrow cancer: primary and secondary. The principal bone marrow cancer would be the one where the bone marrow cells are cancerous themselves. Whereas, bone marrow cancer happens on account of the spread of some other cancer in almost any other organ of the human body.
Q: What is the survival rate of bone marrow cancer?
A: If bone marrow cancer is discovered and handled in an early phase then the restoration is advantageous. But a life risk sustains even following its treatment.
Q: What factors does the prognosis of bone marrow cancer depend on?
A: The prognosis of bone marrow cancer depends on the listed factors below:
- Patient’s age
- Severity and stage of bone marrow cancer
- The general health of the patient
- Nature of treatment the patient received
Q: How long do you stay in the hospital with a bone marrow transplant?
A: If you are having an autologous stem cell transplant, you will be in the hospital for about 3 weeks, and if you are having an allogeneic stem cell transplant, you will be in the hospital for about 4 weeks.
Q: Is bone marrow extraction painful?
A: Bone marrow aspiration, in particular, can produce significant pain with a local anesthetic. For further pain relief, many people choose light sedation. If you’re worried about pain, an IV medication may be administered to you so that you’re entirely or partially sedated throughout the bone marrow examination.
Press Enclave Marg, J Pocket, Phase II, Sheikh Sarai New Delhi Delhi 110017 India
Established in : 1996
Number of Beds : 190
Otakçılar Cd. No:78 Flat Ofis Aqua Court E Blok 3. Kat Eyüp Eyüp İstanbul 34050 Turkey
Established in : 1993
Number of Beds : 5600
Yenimahalle, Şht. Mesut Birinci Cd. No:85, 55080 Canik/Samsun, Turkey
Established in :
Number of Beds : 250
Chairman , MBBS, MD, DM
35 years of experience